Website John Snow Inc.
John Snow, Inc.
Supporting an AIDS-Free Era
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) seeks a qualified Procurement Assistant to join our United States Agency for International Development (USAID) -funded Supporting an AIDS-Free Era (SAFE) Project in Zambia. USAID SAFE is led by JSI in partnership with Abt Associates and mothers2mothers, and works to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission, while improving nutrition outcomes and family planning integration in three provinces: Central, Copperbelt, and North-Western. USAID SAFE works with the GRZ, private sector and civil society institutions at the national, provincial, and district level to increase access to ART for HIV positive adults and children, reduce the incidence of new infections, improve Nutritional Assessment, Counseling and Services (NACS) and family planning services, and increase the capacity of local health institutions to better serve affected populations.
Position Title: Procurement Assistant
Position Type: Full Time
The Procurement Assistant is a full-time position based in Lusaka. S/he will be responsible for assisting in contract and Purchase Order administration and management, logistics and procurement for the provincial offices. This position will be responsible for adhering to all relevant JSI and USAID policies and regulations while maintaining smooth and efficient procurement activities for the office. S/he will report directly to the Senior Procurement Specialist.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Checks invoices/delivery notes against receipted goods and report any quantity, quality or price variations with the purchase order to the Procurement and Logistics Officer.
- Ensures that all invoices with associated procurement packages are submitted to finance for payment and enters details on the procurement and payment tracker.
- Ensures that Procurement and Payment tracker are updated on a daily basis and that both trackers are reported in real time.
- Assists in stock count and dispatch of programs materials to provinces
- Assure proper filing of all procurement related documentation;
- Track orders and ensure timely delivery from Vendors
- Track receipt of all goods received from procurements conducted by Home Office and ensure the tracker is updated as and when goods are received.
- Routine communication, coordination and planning with the relevant requesting staff / programs regarding the order and delivery of supplies
- As may be required from time to time, conduct procurement, perform daily procurement actions for the implementation of Programme activities such as procurement of equipment, goods and services, providing all documents in time and in compliance with JSI and USAID procurement procedures and rules;
- Any other duties or tasked delegated
- University Degree or equivalent in procurement or related services;
- A minimum of 2 years’ practical procurement experience would be an added advantage. Fresh graduates are also encouraged to apply;
- Excellent written and verbal English skills are required;
- Ability to easily communicate in a clear and courteous manner with all colleagues and vendors;
- Ability to work independently and take initiative with minimal supervision;
- Previous work experience with USAID and other donor-funded projects highly preferred; or experience working with an INGO is an added advantage;
- Highly proficient in common computer packages (e.g. Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel) relevant to the work;
- Paying attention to detail is an essential advantage; and
- Must adhere and be able to maintain confidentiality for all company and staff proprietary matters.
- Must be a registered member of the Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply
Please send email applications, with the position you are applying for in the subject line, to: [email protected]
Closing Date: 24 December 2020
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks after the closing date, kindly assume that your application was not successful.
John Snow, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D