Website John Snow Inc.
John Snow, Inc.
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) seeks highly qualified and accomplished public health leaders and providers for the recently awarded United States Agency for International Development (USAID)/PEPFAR-funded Supporting an AIDS-Free Era (SAFE) Project in Zambia. The five year project which will be led by JSI in partnership with Abt Associates, mothers2mothers, and the Catholic Medical Mission Board, will work to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission, while improving nutrition outcomes and family planning integration in three provinces: Central, Copperbelt, and North-Western. USAID/PEPFAR SAFE will work with the GRZ, private sector and civil society institutions at the national, provincial, and district level to increase access to ART for HIV positive adults and children, reduce the incidence of new infections, improve Nutritional Assessment, Counselling and Services (NACS) and family planning services, and increase the capacity of local health institutions to better serve affected populations.
The Administrative Assistant/Receptionist is a full-time position based in Lusaka. S/he will provide administrative and logistics support services to personnel for the SAFE Project. S/he will be instrumental in the operation of the project office, and will be responsible for general secretarial duties. Being the first face visitors are greeted with the individual will need to be friendly, knowledgeable and hospitable!
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist with all aspects of administrative support to staff, directory maintenance, equipment inventory and storage;
- Receive and answer fax/telephone calls/conference calls and greet all visitors using a professional and courteous manner and direct them to appropriate person;
- Oversee office upkeep in terms of needed repairs and daily cleaning;
- Assist with the management of travel arrangements for personnel and visiting headquarter staff, if applicable, including hotel bookings and airline reservations;
- Create and manage JSI welcome packages for visitors;
- Prepare and manage welcome materials for new staff including: orientation package, staff ID cards, business cards, office keys, telephone extensions and colleague contact information;
- Manage office filing system and handling official documents confidentially;
- Assist to arrange and coordinate staff retreats and office events;
- Distribute office mail and send out mail/packages to the appropriate hosts and couriers;
- Set-up and maintain a computerized tracking sheet for all correspondence sent from personnel to other staff and partners;
- Manage office stationery stock, other office supplies and maintain stationery tracking sheet.
- Help in the organization of conferences/retreats with maintaining schedules and ordering food; and
- Perform other tasks as required.
- Minimum of grade 12 certificate and additional certificate or qualification in office management;
- Minimum of 3 year’s experience in a similar office administrative position;
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and perform to strict deadlines;
- Ability to manage office equipment like computers, fax machines and projectors;
- Good filing and secretarial skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software;
- Ability to multi-task with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Excellent written and verbal English skills;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Ability to deal appropriately with sensitive issues and maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.
Mode of Application
Please send a written application either via email or through regular mail. Your application should consist of a cover letter and a detailed CV, including full addresses and contact telephone numbers. Please indicate the position you are applying for in your cover letter and also give names, addresses and contact telephone numbers of three referees.
Closing Date: 6th November 2020
Please send email applications, with the position and desired location (if applicable) you are applying for in the subject line, to: [email protected]
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks after the closing date, kindly assume that your application was not successful.
John Snow, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D