Website John Snow Inc.
Financial Systems Analyst (Microsoft Dynamics NAV) – (1) to be based at Ministry of Health Headquarters, Lusaka
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Technical Specialist 9 – Financial Systems Analyst (NAV) to join the International Health Division on the Supporting an Aids Free Era (SAFE) project in Zambia. The USAID-funded SAFE project is led by John Snow International and Abt Associates is a sub-contractor. On this project, Abt Associates is responsible for activities involving capacity development in public financial management systems strengthening. The project is providing technical assistance to the Ministry of Health, Ministry of Finance and sub-national level to strengthen public financial management systems, particularly in the use of Microsoft Dynamics NAV (NAV) in effort to improve accountability and transparency in budget execution. This, in turn, will impact SAFE’s main objective: to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission, while improving nutrition outcomes and family planning integration.
The Financial Systems Analyst (NAV) will be based at Ministry of Health (MoH) Headquarters in Lusaka, Zambia. The Analyst will provide support to the Ministry in the implementation of the NAV system.
Reporting & Accountability:
Within Ministry of Health Headquarters reporting to: Principal Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Officer (Software) with close collaboration to the office of the Director Finance.
Accountable to: Public Financial Management Senior Advisor at Abt Associates, SAFE
Duration of Contract: 1 year
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and work with management and functional area experts in planning and execution of information technology capabilities in NAV to improve the efficiency of operations.
- As a sustainability measure, regularly coordinate and facilitate technical in-house trainings for MoH ICT staff and users with existing and new system modules.
- Adapt Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the use of NAV.
- Facilitate timely dissemination of new features and enhancements in NAV to all stakeholders.
- Collaborate with external licensed consultants and the MoH ICT Department as required to resolve issues quickly.
ii. NAV System Management
- Develop action plans for maintaining and enhancing NAV system functionality.
- Create, update and maintain system dashboards for active program performance, including user profile personalization.
- Keep accurate records of the development process, changes and expected results.
iii. NAV User and Management Support
- Manage the NAV helpdesk and ensure that issues raised are resolved or escalated.
- Maintain an active NAV database of users, vendors, customers and approval matrices by amending as approved by appropriate authority.
- In collaboration with licensed consultants and end users, develop and design additional reporting templates as required by the MoH to improve information availability and decision making.
- Create and manage security and permission sets within NAV for all users and user levels.
- Work with PFM Specialists and Provincial Senior Accountants to provide monthly reports on the performance of institutions in the use of NAV.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Minimum of 4-6 years of health-related work experience.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Dynamics NAV: 2009/2013/2015/2016.
- Experience with Microsoft Reporting Services.
- Experience in software development lifecycle and project management of ERP systems.
- Excellent networking and work relations with the government and health partners.
- Understanding of Government accounting system
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or related field
- Accounting qualification and experience is a huge advantage
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants should submit their resume or C.V. to [email protected] no later than November 30, 2020.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org