Website John Snow Inc.
John Snow, Inc.
Supporting an AIDS-Free Era
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) seeks highly qualified and accomplished public health leaders and providers for the awarded United States Agency for International Development (USAID)/PEPFAR-funded Supporting an AIDS-Free Era (SAFE) Project in Zambia. The five-year project which is led by JSI in partnership with Abt Associates, and mothers2mothers, works to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission, while improving nutrition outcomes and family planning integration in three provinces: Central, Copperbelt, and North-Western. USAID/PEPFAR SAFE will work with the GRZ, private sector and civil society institutions at the national, provincial, and district level to increase access to ART for HIV positive adults and children, reduce the incidence of new infections, improve Nutritional Assessment, Counselling and Services (NACS) and family planning services, and increase the capacity of local health institutions to better serve affected populations.
Position: Provincial Nutrition Coordinator
Position Type: Full Time
The purpose of this job is to improve the wellbeing of people on ART through nutrition assessment and counselling and services (NACS) support. The Provincial Nutrition Coordinator will be responsible for provincial and district-level coordination and technical guidance to HIV/AIDS and nutrition activities; and quality improvement of health and nutrition services. S/he will work closely with the Lusaka-based Senior Nutrition Advisor as well as other staff in Copper belt and North-western Provinces to ensure quality monitoring of nutrition activities. S/he will establish and maintain close and effective liaison with the staff of partners and other similar programs from provincial to community levels to facilitate flow of information and to stay abreast of current trends in nutrition and HIV/AIDS management. This position will report to the Provincial Clinical Director at the Province.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Use project materials to assess and manage nutritional needs of people on ART;
- Facilitate the provision of on the job training, coaching and mentorship to service providers so that they are better able to assess and diagnose malnutrition in people on ART and propose management regimens;
- Provide materials and technical assistance to GRZ in Copperbelt Province DHOs;
- Assess and facilitate nutrition-related community-level interventions in Copperbelt Province;
- Liaise with other technical staff to coordinate activities and collaborate;
- Integrate patients’ NACS M&E systems into patients records and the continuum of care; and
- Ensure that lack of food is not used as an excuse for people to stop ART in SAFE supported areas in Copperbelt Province.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Diploma in nutrition or health related sciences;
- Degree in nutrition or any health related science is an added advantage;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in public health, including HIV/AIDS and nutrition assessments and counseling;
- Experience working with NGOs/CBOs highly desirable;
- Demonstrated experience in working with community based organizations implementing nutrition and other social services;
- Ability to facilitate learning in pre service training and among providers of health facility and community based nutrition services;
- Being able to work effectively with GRZ through PHO and DHOs and health facilities;
- Good oral and documentation communication skills;
- Computer literate especially in word, excel, power point and internet;
- People centred change agent and a unifying player in multisectoral teams; and
Also, we would like to emphasize that JSI/Zambia and its partners do not ask for money in exchange for employment.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com