Kalesa Logistics Limited
Kalesa Logistics looking to hire an experienced Heavy Equipment Mechanic to inspect, service, and maintain our range of heavy-duty construction equipment. As a lead mechanic, you will be responsible for driving to the job site, inspecting engines and equipment, carrying out services, conducting repairs, and providing routine maintenance to the construction and mining fleet.
To ensure success as a Heavy Equipment Mechanic, you should have proven experience working with heavy machinery, be physically fit, and be able to troubleshoot issues on the job site. Ultimately, a top-notch Heavy Equipment Mechanic can repair and service even the biggest machinery with expert care.
Heavy Equipment Mechanic Responsibilities:
- Driving to the job site.
- Inspecting trucks, cranes, bulldozers, and other heavy equipment for proper performance.
- Diagnosing faults using computerized testing equipment.
- Adjusting equipment and replacing faulty parts.
- Repairing damaged equipment parts.
- Cleaning, lubricating, and conducting routine services on heavy-duty vehicles.
- Cleaning and servicing of machine attachments like winches, blades, and side booms.
- Performing major repair work when necessary.
- Consulting with other mechanics on smaller jobs.
- Reporting damaged or faulty equipment to management.
Heavy Equipment Mechanic Requirements:
- Must be a member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia.
- Advanced Certificate Heavy Equipment Repair Technician.
- Proven work experience as a Diesel or Heavy Equipment Mechanic.
- Understanding of computer testing technologies.
- Ability to lift heavy machinery.
- Must have a valid Zambian Driving licence
- Extensive knowledge of diesel engines and construction equipment.
- Ability to work after-hours if required.
- Good communication skills.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org