Website Kaleya Smallholders Company Ltd
Kaleya Smallholders Company Ltd, popularly known as Kascol is an Agricultural concern and run as a private limited company with 160 smallholders with a nucleus estate in sugar cane cultivation.
There is an immediate opening for the following management position and applications are invited from qualified Zambians who fulfil the following criteria.
FINANCE MANAGER/COMPANY SECRETARY
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy or Finance
- Member of ZICA
- ACIS or similar company secretarial qualification or previous experience as Company Secretary.
- An advanced certificate or diploma in Information technology or Microsoft certification will be an added advantage.
- 10 years post qualification experience preferably in the agricultural industry, out of which 3 years as Head of Finance.
- Good communication skills, assertive and trustworthy.
- Proficiency in the use of Sage 200 accounting package and MS office applications.
- Aged 50 and below.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Estate Manager and advising management on financial matters.
- Develops strategic plans for all company financial and strategic activities.
- Ensure Financial manual is enforced and updated accordingly.
- Preparation of annual budgets in consultation with heads of departments and participate in the implementation of the company’s strategic objective.
- Advise management on all financial matters, working capital management, cost management, treasury functions, etc.
- Submission of monthly management accounts, preparation of quarterly accounts and various reports to the board.
- Completion of annual financial statements and reports and liaising with company’s external auditors.
- Render secretarial services to the Board of Directors and also compliance to all requirements under the Companies Act.
- Provide professional guidance to the finance staff on sound accounting and financial procedures.
- Oversight of procurement functions and adherence to the tender procedures of the company.
- Compliance to statutory and professional bodies and regulations, including PACRA, ZRA.
- Good written, verbal communication and interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Takes responsibility for personal improvement, learning from experience and new situations.
- Should have a clean driver’s license.
- Should be willing to reside on the estate.
A competitive remuneration package including an attractive salary, a company vehicle and accommodation within the estate will be offered to the successful candidate.
Suitably qualified applicants should apply sending their Curriculum Vitae with past professional work details, copies of relevant certificates and two traceable references to; The Chairman of the selection committee via email [email protected] or to the following address not later than 14th March 2023.
Kaleya Smallholders Company Limited
P.O. Box 670371