Kalomo District Womens Association
Position – Project Coordinator
The Kalomo District Women’s Development Association (KWDA) is a women-led association that is registered under the Registrar of Societies whose members are derived from different women groups within a district. Kalomo Women District Development Association is a strong base for building women’s voices at all community levels with the aim of enhancing women’s economic empowerment in their communities, hence the focus on income generating activities. The KDWAs as women-led organisations have partnered with We Effect Zambia to implement the Swedish funded Women Economic Empowerment (WEE) project to be implemented in Eastern, Western, Central and Southern provinces of Zambia. The project activities will be implemented at community level through the District Women’s Development Associations groups and will include among other things; increased access to and control over productive resources, such as land. Mobilize, capacitate, and link women producer groups to affordable markets and support the organisations in gender mainstreaming through gender transformative approaches.
The Women Economic Empowerment (WEE) project with Kalomo District Women’s Development Associations is running from 1st February 2021 to 31st January 2025. The overall objective of the project is to advance women’s economic empowerment to ensure the capacity of women to participate in, contribute to and benefit from agricultural value chains and processes in ways that affirm the value of their contributions, respect their dignity, promote equality in Eastern, Western, Southern and Central Provinces.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Write proposals and apply for new projects
- Overall project coordination.
- Condact trainings and workshops
- The Project Coordinator will be responsible for facilitating the overall planning, implementation and monitoring of all field activities and ensure direct liaison with various key Ministries and other partners.
- In collaboration with the field officer having oversight over the production. Write and submit the results-based quality reports and ensure all monitoring and evaluation data is interpreted in the partner reports and to the District Development Area Association Board Participate in all project monitoring, planning and review of all project plans to ensure timely communication of all project adjustments during implementation are communicated to the WEE project team
- Ensure all project activities are implemented in an effective and timely manner.
- Ensure all project records are documented and filed neatly for future references.
- Guide the members and have clear explanation about the project to the District Women’s Development Association members, networking partners, government and networking partners.
- Promote the Vision and values of the District Women’s Development Association and actively participate in all the activities they are involved in.
- Should have excellent skills in gender training, gender analysis and gender transformative approaches and equipped with skills in community organizations. mobilization and understands groups dynamics.
- Any other jobs assigned by the board or funding partners
- Able to speak Fluent English and Tonga
- Able to ride a motor bike and have a motorbike license
- Able to manage teams and excellent communication skills.
- Computer literate, good writing editorial
- At least 3-5 years of work experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified field.
- Able to work in rural areas, able to and willing to adapt to rural settings and appreciates the cultural dynamics.
- Understand the role of empowering women in rural communities and ensure gender integration is at the core of all programing.
- Knowledge and experience in developmental and agro-business skills is an added advantage.
- Outstanding communication and leadership skills and the ability to work with the beneficiaries with a different cultural setting.
- Ability to organize execute internal/external meetings and/or special project events
- Must reside in Kalomo
Network and Alliance Building
- Ensure the WEE project is represented in all stakeholder networking meetings, and other decision-making fora’s at district level.
- Maintain and strengthen relationships with We Effect, and partners involved in the project.
- Maintain and nature ongoing relationships with We Effect with regular updates and project debriefs.
- Produce donor reports on the progress of the programme as well as strategic reports about key achievements and programme impact as documented in the most significant change stories, monitoring and evaluation plan, monthly and annual reports.
Qualification and Requirements
- Relevant academic Diploma or Degree in Gender studies, Development Studies, Agriculture Economics, or a related field.
- At least 2-4 years experience of programme / project coordination including.
- Proven experience with practical and impactful Gender skills and demonstrated skills in Gender Transformative approaches.
- Able to mobilize and conduct trainings in Gender and other related fields.
- Experience in value chain development and inclusion of women in agriculture value chains.
- Excellent Oral and written English Communication skills.
- Willing to work in communities with diverse cultures.
- Experience in applying a human rights-based approach to programing.
- Experience of working on environment, climate change and resilience programs.
- Proficiency in two or more Zambian languages.
Send your Cover letter ,Drivers license, and CV in soft copy to the email address below the subject line should read PROJECT COORDINATOR. The deadline is 24:00hrs 1st November 2023. Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered.