Website KAM Kindergarten and Primary School
Number of vacancies : 1
Job Description & Selection Criteria
- A full Grade 12 certificate
- Diploma/ Degree in Library Studies
- Three years hands-on experience in managing a school library.
- At least 26 years old
- Experience of working with databases and digital resources
- Ability to develop a positive relationship with all library users
- Confident IT skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Excellent knowledge of a wide range of literature for children
- An interest in continuous professional development and a willingness to undertake relevant training, for example in library software packages
- To encourage pupils and staff in using the library through supporting a range of library based activities, including pupils from the Early Learning Centre to Upper Primary
- To encourage and enable all library users to develop their love of reading, to share knowledge of authors and make recommendations
- To assist with creative and imaginative displays of books, posters and other materials, to encourage reading and book borrowing
- To introduce and maintain library clerical procedures to keep a proper inventory of all library and reading schemes materials
- To keep abreast of all librarianship developments, particularly in educational fields, by attending seminars and workshops, visiting other institutions and reading the relevant literature and publications.
- A positive mindset and a drive for personal excellence
- Solutions-oriented resiliency to respond positively and effectively to challenges
- Outstanding instructional skills driven by data and delivered through rigorous and engaging strategies.
Further information about our school is available on our website www.kamschool.org
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please contact the school office on 0967246413 | 0972246413 | 0955642413.
Please note: While we appreciate your interest, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to all applicants or give individual application status updates; candidates selected for an interview will be notified.