Website Kariba Minerals
Kariba Minerals Limited is a mining company and has long been a reliable source of high-quality Amethyst for major manufacturers of gemstone related products. The company is owned 100% by ZCCM Investment Holdings. The company’s market share is estimated at over 90% of the Amethyst originating from Zambia, and we are arguably the largest single Amethyst producer in the world. Presently, the company exports its products mainly to international markets. Worldwide, it is one of the oldest mines for semi-precious stones and one of the largest sources of quality amethysts. Kariba mine is based in Mapatizya which is approximately 110km from Kalomo in the Southern Province.
The company is therefore inviting for applications from highly motivated, result oriented, qualified and experienced persons to fill the following vacancy:
1. MINE SUPERINTENDENT
- Managing mine operations on drilling, blasting loading and hauling.
- Coordinating with the Mine Manager, Product and Quality Assurance Manager on the alignment of mine production plans with the sales projections.
- Budgeting and cost control for mining, processing and engineering departments.
- Control, supervise and direct mining operations in line with the company’s strategic and short term plans.
- Managing and optimizing the use of labour and the mining fleet to meet the production targets.
- Coordinate equipment maintenance schedules for mine operations with the engineering department.
- Safety – leading, implementing and coordination of Safety, Health, Environment and Quality programs and compilation of related company reports sent to regulatory bodies.
- Ensure compliance and obtain statutory permissions (mining license, environmental clearance etc.)
- Conduct or collaborate in geological exploration, and review maps and drilling logs to determine location size, accessibility, and estimated value of mineral deposit
- Lay out and direct mine construction operations, such as location of dumps, drainage and access roads
- Interaction with local authorities & community for smooth operations
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the company
Qualification, Experience & other attributes
- Member of EIZ
- Grade 12 certificate coupled with a Degree or Diploma in Mining Engineering
- At least three years’ work experience in open pit mining operations as a minimum
- Must be a certified First Aider
- Must have a Blasting certificate
- Must have a valid driver’s licence class B or better
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Strong commitment, leadership and management skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, influencing and computer skills.
- Strongly results orientated with a clear determination to succeed
- Easy adaptation to a new environment
Location: Mapatizya and will work on a 6 weeks -2 weeks roster.
Applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae to [email protected] The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 21st August, 2020. Please do not send scanned copies of your educational qualifications at this stage and clearly indicate the job applied for in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.