Karibu Trading Limited
Karibu Trading Limited is a full service, multi-discipline, project development and execution company. Karibu Trading was established in 2009 as a sole proprietor business and was later incorporated into a Private Limited Company in 2018. Over the years, the company has undertaken many challenging projects and accumulated skills, know-how and experiences in civil works, construction, and project management.
Today, Karibu Trading Limited takes on the role of main contractor for small to medium size projects and performs project management services to coordinate specialist trades for industrial/commercial projects. We also provide design inputs and engineering solutions as value-added services to our clients. The company wholly owned by Zambians who are motivated by the desire to make a positive contribution to the economy of the country. Karibu Trading was established based on the belief that, the ordinary Zambians deserve the access to world class services at competitive local rates.
We are looking for a well-organized Site Engineer with strong leadership skills to join our growing team. The site engineer’s responsibilities include managing different parts of construction projects, supervising crew members, preparing estimates for time and material costs, completing quality assurance, observing health and safety standards, and compiling reports for different stakeholders. You should be able to work alongside various professionals and create work schedules that meet deadlines.
To be successful as a site engineer, you should demonstrate strong analytical and logical thinking skills. Outstanding candidates should display a superb work ethic and thrive under pressure.
- Organizing materials and ensuring sites are safe and clean.
- Preparing cost estimates and ensuring appropriate materials and tools are available.
- Providing technical advice and suggestions for improvement on projects.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting equipment as required.
- Negotiating with suppliers and vendors to ensure the best contracts.
- Authorizing technical drawings and engineering plans.
- Drawing up work schedules and communicating any adjustments to crew members and clients.
- Gathering data, compiling reports, and delivering presentations to relevant stakeholders.
- Delegating tasks and scheduling meetings and training sessions where required.
- Completing quality assurance and providing feedback to the team.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, civil/construction, or similar.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role.
- Member of Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ)
- Additional certificates or licenses may be required.
- Sound knowledge of Engineering, construction, and design.
- Great leadership and organizational skills.
- Superb project management skills.
- Ability to apply logical and critical thinking skills to projects.
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
- A willingness to learn.
Interested candidates who meet the above listed requirements should email their CV’s and copies of their certificates to: [email protected] not later than Monday, 8th August 2022.