Website Keepers Zambia Foundation
Keepers Zambia Foundation (KZF) is a non-profit making Zambian Non – Governmental Organization (NGO) working with rural and peri – urban communities of Zambia. KZF was registered under the Registrar of Societies Act CAP 105 of the Laws of Zambia on the 29th January 1996. The focus for the organization is to facilitate sustainable development through the promotion of sustainable management of natural resources and facilitation of improved livelihoods among disadvantaged communities in the country. Keepers Zambia Foundation uses participatory approaches such appreciative inquiry, Reflect and Economic Literacy and Budget Accountability for Governance (ELBAG).
KZF is found in seven provinces while working through linkages in the remaining three. The seven are Western, Central, Northern, Luapula, Muchinga, Lusaka and Eastern Provinces. The Organization has evolved to attain a national status with a coverage of development projects designed and implemented by KZF and a reach of over 500,000 families in the fields of agriculture and food security, sanitation and hygiene, environment and natural resources management, rural enterprise and private sector development and social protection. The number of partners has also expanded to include local and international NGOs, Multilateral donor agencies, the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ), the United States Government and United Nations specialized agencies. KZF’s work in economic empowerment and mobilization activities has proven to be an effective entry point into facilitation of sustainable livelihood initiatives mainly focusing on the underprivileged.
Keepers Zambia is now looking for qualified candidates for fill the following positions for an anticipated 2 years Transforming Landscapes for Resilience and Development (TRALARD) project in the Northern, Luapula and Muchinga Provinces of Zambia. The project will include sustainable landscape management, restoration and resilience; infrastructure for resilience and market access; and contingency emergency response, to support one of the poorest regions in the country by integrating livelihood improvement with natural resource sustainability. The interventions will operationalize a community-led landscape approach, which is an integrated approach to sustainably manage land, forest and water resources in these respective provinces.
Please note that these positions are subject to award of the project. Send CVs (3 pages maximum) to [email protected] and copy to [email protected] before close of business Thursday 24 September 2020.
1. Team Leader (Based in Mansa, Kasama and Chinsali)
- The Team Leader should have a minimum of MSc/MA in Agriculture Value Chain/Agriculture Marketing Specialist/Agricultural Economist/Business Management.
- At least 10 years of practical experience in the field of agriculture and/or rural development, and development of enterprise support to institutions.
- Should have strong coordination, organization & networking skills, with prior experience in coordinating expert teams of at least 8 years.
- At least 5 years’ experience working on business development for smallholder producers, product development, forward contract development and management involving smallholder producers, aggregation models, financial and production records management, including enterprise development and income generation for community enterprises.
- Conversant with online collaborative software and platforms such Microsoft teams, Zoom, skype, WebEx, DropBox, Google Drive and One drive.