DEPARTMENT : Airtel Business
VACANCY : Key Account Manager
LEVEL : Assistant Manager
LOCATION : Lusaka, Zambia JOB PURPOSE
To effectively manage key business accounts through selling, nurturing, and growing the said accounts as per area of segmentation. Also responsible for indirect revenue generation through the supervision of one or more field sales representatives. Ensures targeted sales production for the team is achieved.
REPORTING TO THE HEAD OF SALES, THE MAIN DUTIES ARE:
1) Relationship Management:
- Update customer data
- Contacting and visiting prospective customers to determine needs
2) Key Account Planning and Management:
- Develop and apply knowledge of key customers through various sources.
- Aligns account plans with strategic sales objectives.
- Proactively reports on production status and sales problems
3) Product Penetration:
- Ensure 80% minimum Airtel product penetration with companies.
- Ensure regular body visits to the customer including attending to senior management interaction and courtesy calls.
4) Market Share:
- Management of subscriber market share within these corporates through corporate mining.
5) Churn Management:
- Key Account Management of corporates to ensure maximum customer satisfaction in order to reduce and ultimately avoid churn
- Increase revenue by managing Usage and Retention activities with the large Corporates/organizations
- Effectively manage very large business accounts with full accountability for product cross-sell, collections, and account management
Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills:
- Degree in Engineering, Degree in computer science or Information Communication, Networking, or the equivalent.
- Finance for non-Finance certifications, Basic accounting or the equivalent will be an added advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of ISP products within a product family policies and practices.
- Knowledge of internal and external sources e.g. clients’ investments enter business journals.
- Telecoms product knowledge and usage of product by clients.
- Knowledge of enterprise data solutions.
- Understanding of Telecoms industry and Technology.
- Consultative selling skills.
- Technology commercial skills.
- Valid driver’s license with minimum of 2 years driving experience.
- 3 years’ experience in network support environment/Network planning.
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in a customer facing role.
- Exposure to wholesale business.
- ISP/Telecoms technical sales experience is an advantage.
- Reporting and planning.
- Understanding of customer insights and ability to leverage.
COMPETENCIES REQUIRED IN THE POST
- Enterprise product knowledge.
- Embodiment of Executive presence.
- Understanding of consumer behavior.
- Understanding key business levers and value chain.
- Ability to use customer insights and research data to explore new approaches to meet customer needs.
- Business awareness, Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills.
- High personal standards and goal oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective communications skills, both orally and writing
- Customer focused.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Excellent presentation and coaching skills.
- Strong self-starter and motivated.
Suitable candidates requested to apply by sending through their CV’s to [email protected]
The closing date for receiving applications is Friday, 17th June 2022.
Airtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is non-discriminatory on the basis of race, gender, disability, ethnic grouping.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.