Website Kharis House
Helping creat a hope and future for young pregnant teens.
The House Mentor MUST BE FEMALE AND A CURRENT RESIDENT OF NDOLA. She is responsible for providing holistic care and supervision to the residents who live in Kharis House (KH). The House Mentor plays an active role in mentoring and teaching the young pregnant teens (YPT) and young mothers in the home with appropriate grace-based love, tutoring, discipline and home organization. The House Mentor understands it is her duty to place the welfare and safety of all residents in the house as utmost priority. The House Mentor serves as a Christian role model for the residents who are learning to embrace motherhood themselves while completing their education.
THE HOUSE MENTOR MUST EMBRACE AND LIVE BY KHARIS HOUSE STATEMENT OF FAITH AND CORE VALUES
1. Maintain confidentiality and sensitivity of cases and details of residents.
2. Must be on time every work day
3. Speak ONLY English while on campus.
4. Experience with home appliances (refrigerators, stoves, Freezers, etc…).
5. Manage inventory in homes and teach residents how to properly care
for home and all home items.
6. Manage food items within the home and adhere to menu.
7. Report all maintenance and repair needs in a timely manner.
8. Ensure residence and grounds are in good working order and are kept
clean and neat.
Discipline, Character-Building, and Spiritual Formation
1. Demonstrate a GRACE based approach to discipline, mentoring, discipling in ALL instances.
2. Lead, learn from and ensure residents are having quiet times, devotions, attend church, prayer time, and other spiritual disciplines among the girls through grace based words and actions.
3. Implement all Kharis House parenting and training materials.
4. Teach residents proper procedures for living in a modern house, using and caring for items within the house and campus.
5. Teach residents in home how to properly wash, pack, and wear clothing on a daily basis.
6. Teach residents proper behaviors for living in a home with other residents and with adults.
7. Teach residents food preparation skills in the kitchen.
8. Train residents in mothering skills; i.e. diapering, feeding, burping, baby development, play, caring for sick residents, etc.
9. Assist residents with middle-of-the-night feedings when needed.
10. Care for babies when the young moms are in school, sessions or appointments.
11. Assist residents in schoolwork as needed.
12. The Employee shall also be expected to undertake any responsibilities as may be delegated by his or her supervisor.
Other skills / Success factors:
1. Demonstrate commitment to Kharis House mission, vision, and values.
2. Share knowledge and experience.
3. Passion for equipping and empowering the vulnerable and
traumatized girls of Zambia.
4. Actively work towards continuing personal learning and development and apply newly acquired skills.
5. Consistently approaches work with energy and positive constructive attitude.
6. Demonstrates strong English oral and written communication skills.
7. Remains calm, in control, and good humored even under pressure.
8. Responds positively to critical feedback and demonstrates teachable attitude.
9. Ability to multi-task and competently manage several projects at one time.
10. Strength in organization and efficiency.
11. Adhere to all deadlines.
12. Demonstrates ability to foster and maintain appropriate and engaging
relationships with children.
13. Complete Child Protection training and adhere to all procedures and policies.
Academic and Professional Requirements:
1. Certificate in Home Base Child Care or another related field.
2. Physically Able to meet health and physical requirements of the position such as standing all day, playing on floor with babies, up all night with new mother, etc…
3. Fluent English proficiency.
4. Must be focused and self-motivated.
5. Be someone who promotes unity, integrity, honesty, and accountability at all levels within the program.
6. The ability to exercise with the girls, play and sit on the ground as well as participate in extracurricular activities.
7. The ability to be flexible.
8. The ability to cook different varieties of food.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org