Kids Alive Zambia
Who we are
Kids Alive (www.kidsalive.org) is a Christ-centered organization the belief that every child, even those with the most challenging needs, is a priority to God, and far too many are overlooked, unheard, exploited, and threatened. Our mission is the call of Isaiah 1:17, to serve these children by constantly learning to do good, earnestly seeking justice, standing up to what oppresses them, and advocating for their rights. Alive International being a nonprofit organization established in 1916 has programs which meet the physical, social, emotional, educational and spiritual needs of children within residential settings while strengthening and empowering families to create a safe and secure environment for children.
1. Executive Assistant to the Country Director
Purpose of the position
AS Executive Assistant you are the first point of contact and responsible for KAZ first impression, besides this must also provide executive administrative support to the Country Director. Manage the flow of visitors through the organization and ensure to be on time. The Front Office Assistant must be professionally friendly, crafted charisma while also being sharp and disciplined. It is important that s/he demonstrates professionalism in handling complaints, problem resolution and/or provide reliable information. It is also critical to take a customer-centric approach, pay attention to detail and ensure visibility.
1. Support to Country Director’s (CD) Office
- Maintain and manage Country Director’s calendar (scheduling and confirming appointments, meetings and events);
- Draft, review and send memos and communications;
- Organize meetings (physical & virtue), conferences etc. and take minutes when required;
- Attend to in coming and out- going telephone calls and scrutinizing as expected as well as maintain a record;
- Manage supplies and stationary for CD’s office;
- May from time to time help with review of reports and external documentation;
- Manage KAZ emails and forward to respective departments, prioritize emails and respond when necessary;
- Coordinate travel arrangements and bookings for accommodation for CD in liaison with Administration Officer;
- Keeping track of office supplies and placing orders for replacements
2. Front Office Management
- Greeting and assisting visitors in a professional and friendly manner
- Handling enquiries and sorting mail as well as ensuring that mails are collected at the post office;
- Printing, scanning, photocopying, filling and stapling of documents and paper as requested;
- Manage KAZ incoming and outgoing mail (putting mails in pigeon for respective departments.
- Maintain a level of security in every aspect in the office premises;
- Ensuring that teas, water and refreshments are served and provided to the meetings in liaison with office assistant as requested;
- Be actively involved in devotions;
- Alert to safeguarding procedures and protocols
- Perform any other relevant duty when asked.
Professional Qualifications/Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Diploma Public Administration/ Business Administration;
- Bachelor’s degree in Public administration or any related science is added advantage
- 2+ years of front desk experience in NGO, Public or parastatal industry is preferred
excellent written and verbal communication skills
working knowledge of computer software, such as word processors, spreadsheets and presentation tools
- · Certificate in office management is an added advantage;
- · Stores and supply chain knowledge or experience is added advantage
- · Good report writing and minute taking skills;
- · Computer literacy is an added advantage;
- · Excellent inter-personal, communication and organizing skills;
- · Ability to main confidentiality;
- · Must be smart, self – Motivated, flexibility and capacity to work under pressure;
- · Strong sense of personal initiative and problem solving skills;
- · Ability to work in a cultural diversity environment with NGO exposure.
Given the growing scope of KAZ operations, the organization seeks to recruit a programs intern on Paid Internship;
Type of Contract: Experienced Internship;
Duration: 3 months, with possible extension based on performance and program budget.
Assignment: Assist the Senior Manager Programs Quality and Partnerships with program deliverables.
- Assist with preparing documents, reports, concept notes, and repertoire during meetings.
- Participate in analytical research and operational activities in the area of Child Welfare and provide insights into program identification, modification and development.
- Support with different program implementation: this is, meetings, training, conferences, summits, organizing and documenting.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Project Management and report writing skills
- Proposal development
- Data Analysis
- Effective Writing and Reviewing Skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Computer literate
- Effective communication
- Strong stakeholder and partner engagement
- Degree in any Social Science;
- 1 – 2 Years of work experience in a development organization;
- Experience in Sexual Reproductive Health, Gender Based Violence will be an added advantage;
- Any certification in either Monitoring and Evaluation, or Project Planning and Management will be added advantage
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Character Requirements
- A committed Christian with a personal faith in Jesus Christ and a heart for serving orphans and vulnerable children
- Full alignment with the driving of the mission/vision/core values of Kids Alive International, the Bible, Christian theology, statement of faith, and practice as stated on our website at www.kidsalive.org/meet-kidsalive/about/what-we-believe/ and www.kidsalive.org/meet-kids-alive/about/
- A commitment to champion and contributes towards our organizational culture
- Consistent commitment to open and honest communication, demonstrating respect for all
- A person of integrity and strong character
How to apply
All candidates that meet the above criteria should send their letter of interest stating clearly the value addition to the role, CV, copies of certificates to [email protected] not later than 2nd August, 2022 at 17:00hrs. All applications must clearly state the position of interest.
Females are strongly encouraged to apply. Note Kids Alive does not solicit for any form of payment, its recruitment process is transparent and credible and shall not be held liable for any payment you will make to anyone who claims to be employing using Kids Alive name.