Kitwe Optician Ltd
Closing date, June 30th, 2023
Kitwe Opticians Ltd.
We are headquartered in Kitwe and we specialize in the dispensing of frames and optical lenses.
We have two outlets there, and we are currently undergoing expansion, thereby opening outlets in other cities/towns such as Ndola, Luanshya and Chililabombwe.
With three departments in the organization i.e. optometry (eye testing), marketing (sales) and technical. It is for the same technical department we are looking for eligible candidates who could join for full time employment.
There is no such training course offered by an institution in Zambia, and we normally provide 3 months “on-the job” training to all recruits in Kitwe, which is equally their probation time. Despite such a course not being offered, we still consider related courses’ graduates to be one of the most suitable candidates for the job.
A brief job description :
The Optical technician will be responsible for cutting and fitting lenses for each particular client, and thus we refer to the task as a “Job”. Each job is customized to the requirement of the client i.e. the power of the lens will depend on the client’s prescription and the shape of the lens will depend on the client’s frame.
Roles and responsibilities :
- Locating lenses, retrieving for them to be worked on.
- Entering each job into the job book indicating all details clearly such as lens details and client details.
- Cutting of Lens and fitting it into the frame in a very neat and precise way. Special emphasis on NEATNESS, PRECISION and ACCURACY.
- Specialized tasks such as lens drilling and lens tinting
- Routine tasks such as tightening of frames, heating of frames and fitting of small accessories onto a frame.
- Ensuring a safe and tidy condition of the Lab.
The equipment used is light duty, and many tasks can be learnt on the job, provided the candidate has the required skill, attitude and abilities in him.
Our requirements are as follows :
- Recruit should have literacy skills in the English language, so he would be able to read and write
- Sound arithmetic skills to ensure accurate simple record keeping
- Humble to avoid conflict with colleagues, employer and clients
- Hardworking: to be able to work extra hard to deliver, and sacrifice so that the company can make huge strides during expansion.
- Capable: should grasp quickly and eventually learn the job well
- Eager to learn: the attitude to continuously develop yourself in the organisation
- Consistent: should be consistent with his approach to all the above matters to ensure long term success in the company.
- Grade 12 school certificate or it’s equivalent
- Craft certificate graduates in Mechanical Fitting or
- Diploma in mechanical engineering
- Candidates who have done instrumentation have an added advantage.
If you meet the above requirements please send your cv and academic qualifications to:
Not later than June 30th, 2023