Korea Food for the Hungry International Zambia (KFHIZ) and Grace Mission Secondary School
Korea Food for the Hungry International Zambia in Conjunction with Grace Mission Secondary School is looking for a WASH officer (x1) and a School Administrator (x1) respectively.
School Administrator (x1)
Location Ndola, Chipulukusu
- To manage all administrative duties effectively in our school.
- Manage all front desk activities and welcome visitors
- Manage and supervise all administrative and procurement activities
- Manage and monitor utilities such as water, electricity etc.
- Manage budgets, logistics and events or meetings, scheduling, record-keeping and reporting
- Ensure the school complies with relevant laws and regulations
- Develop and run educational programs
- Hire, train and advise staff
- Counsel students when needed
- Resolve conflicts and other issues
- Communicate with parents, regulatory bodies and the public
- Have a hand in the creation of the school curriculum
- Implement actions that improve the school and the quality of education (e.g. building renovations, new guidelines for students, new subjects)
- Help shape and uphold the vision of the school
- Must be a Christian
- University diploma/degree from a reputable university, post-graduate degree is a plus
- Ability to use computers (e.g.MS Office) and education management systems
- At least 2 years of professional experience in an administration position
- Must be 25 years and above
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exhibit polite and professional communication via phone and email
Method of Application
If you have the required qualities and are passionate about the work, send us your Cover letter clearly stating your salary expectation and location, with TCZ certificate, NRC and Certified copies of qualifications as one PDF file to [email protected]
Walk-in applications WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Clearly state ‘(Your Name)_Applying for a position of school administrator’; in the subject of your email. Ndola residents are strongly encouraged to apply.
WASH Officer (x1)
To plan, develop, monitor, and evaluate the assigned WASH project(s). Assess WASH needs, design projects, write proposals and initiate and effectively manage and report on projects in line with the objectives, timeframe, and budget. Provide technical support, leadership, and strategic direction; meet quality standards in WASH delivery, encourage beneficiary participation, liaise with other stakeholders and manage and train WASH staff.
WASH Project Management
- Manage the assigned projects to meet the project objectives within budget and allotted time frame.
- Provide strong leadership of the assigned WASH projects, working to ensure both short/long-term positive impacts and outcomes for the beneficiaries, local authorities and local staff.
- Develop and implement an appropriate and effective WASH strategy, setting clear objectives and indicators, for WASH activities in consultation with other WASH staff and field managers, and, where appropriate, with the local communities.
- Continuously monitor and supervise WASH activities, overseeing the technical design, execution, and evaluation of progress through outputs and impacts using both quantitative and qualitative data.
- Provide input into the integration of beneficiary participation and accountability.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of activities according to KFHIZ, donor and other applicable timeframes and formats.
- Develop new proposals, linked to the country strategy, in conjunction with the relevant field managers.
- Ensure WASH projects are implemented in line with donor proposals and requirements and in accordance with KFHIZ, donor, country and international standards i.e. Sphere and HAP standards.
- Manage the WASH budget for the assigned project(s) and ensure all expenses are according to budget and meet KFHIZ standards with regards to financial management, including accountability and good governance.
- Higher level qualification in a technical field, preferably in water and sanitation. BSc / MSc in Water / Environmental Engineering or Management or Civil Engineering or Hydrology / Geology desirable.
Experience / Competencies
- Must be a Christian
- 2 years post-qualification professional experience in a relevant field.
- Management experience in a WASH context; Technical WASH skills within a humanitarian setting.
- Experience in a WASH programme in a developing country, preferably in a humanitarian context is desirable.
- Knowledge and understanding of humanitarian standards such as Sphere and HAP.
- Experience using Google software is desirable; aptitude for community mobilization and capacity-building.
- Good numerical, report writing and administration skills; committed to consultative and servant-minded leadership; able to set clear objectives for staff and to delegate; able to enforce procedures