Kwacha Pension Trust Fund
Kwacha Pension Trust Fund (KPTF) is a single employer occupational pension scheme.
The Fund seeks a highly skilled and motivated individual to be part of a dynamic team to fill the position of Investments Officer.
- The development, implementation and management of investment strategies for the Funds’
- Assimilate quickly and thoroughly legislation and relevant pension scheme rules;
- Investment monitoring and researching of new areas of investment opportunity; and
- Implementation of relevant changes to the investment policy and portfolio; to ensure that the Fund assets are secure, sufficient and are grown to cover the Fund’s obligations.
- Develop and implement the Investment Policy, Investment Strategy, Strategic Asset Allocation and Tactical Asset Allocation to ensure sound and secure investments of the Kwacha Pension Trust Fund;
- Develop and implement the short term and long-term investments strategies in accordance with KPTF’s investment policies and investment guidelines, ensuring that all investments activities are aligned with the KPTF business objectives;
- Develop the departmental budget and work plan to ensure sufficient allocation of critical resources for the efficient implementation of the investment strategy in order to meet the set time lines;
- Submit investment recommendations and review all final investment appraisals for investment in the Money and/or Capital Markets;
- Co-ordinate and handle all short term and long-term investments made by KPTF, through monitoring the performance of all investments constantly, evaluating their efficiency and recommending appropriate changes in the investment strategy.
- Monitor compliance with the relevant regulations and laws on investments management, to ensure minimal exposure to risks associated with non-compliance and ensure Management and the Board are informed accordingly;
- Monitor KPTF’s cash flow procedures and processes to ensure alignment with the relevant laws and regulations;
- Liaise with the Finance and Administration Manager in the management of cash flows and forecast of day to day cash requirements and direct surplus into asset classes both short and long term;
- Review investments’ monthly and quarterly performance reports, performance of all financial institutions, and investee companies, custodians, specialised Asset Managers dealing with KPTF in order to secure KPTF’s funds;
- To carry out section performance objective setting, appraisals, coaching, and preparation of training needs of all unit/departmental members of staff, for enhanced staff motivation and work performance improvement;
- Calculate and detail the daily changes in the portfolio in order to provide information necessary to influence change in investment decisions;
- Attend meetings of the Board Committee where required and provide input as appropriate to decisions of that body;
- Analyse financial and researched information and information obtained through liaison in order to forecast business, industry, and economic conditions for use when recommending investment opportunities in the Investment Papers; Prepares Investment Papers recommending investment opportunities to take by Management;
- Present investment Papers to the Management Investment Committee to enable informed investment decisions;
- Initiate transfer of funds for placement in respective investments and ensuring that the funds are actually placed.
- Coordination of the Real Estate functions including rent management and maintenance and management of debtors;
- Relationship management with all stakeholders i.e. tenants, banks, investee companies, regulators etc;
- Oversee investment contract negotiations to ensure the maximum benefit and outcome for KPTF and
- Any other duties as maybe assigned.
- Grade Twelve (12) Certificate with Credit or above mandatory in Mathematics and English and any other three subjects.
- Bachelors Degree in Investment Management, Finance, Business dministration/Accountancy and/or ACCA/CIMA/CFA/CRM;
- Stock Broking and Investment Advisory Certificate;
- Investment Advisor’s Licence from the Securities & Exchange Commission;
- A thorough understanding of the Financial/Capital/Real Estate Market is required;
- Master’s Degree in a related field will be an added advantage and
- At least seven (7) years of relevant experience in a wide spectrum of investment vehicles including equity, fixed income, property etc.
- Excellent skills in Investment Analysis and monitoring.
- Keen interest in and understanding of financial markets.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Strong leadership and teamwork-Collaboration.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
How To Apply
All interested candidates meeting the above criteria should send their application, enclosing a one page cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae with three (3) references and copies of professional and academic certificates to the following address:
Kwacha Pension Trust Fund
Corner of Kakola and Libala Road
Or email: [email protected]