PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
PATH is leading a vibrant consortium of Zambian and international organizations that will collaborate closely with Zambia’s MoH, the NTB, the private sector, and other partners to support the eradication of TB in Zambia. Funded by USAID and focusing on six (Copperbelt, Central, Muchinga, Northern, North-Western and Luapula) of Zambia’s 10 provinces, the five-year Eradicate TB contract aims to increase the number of individuals screened for TB by 50% and increase the TB treatment success rate to 85% in targeted provinces. The four key tasks of Eradicate TB are to:
- Pursue high-quality DOTS expansion and enhancement
- Address TB-HIV, MDR-TB, and the needs of poor and vulnerable populations in six provinces
- Engage all categories of care providers
- Enable and promote research.
PATH is seeks to recruit a Laboratory Strengthening Specialist to be based in Copperbelt Province, Zambia. This position will report to the Laboratory Strengthening Advisor.
- Provide technical and management support to the Eradicate TB project and support the Laboratory Strengthening Advisor in technical (lab assessment, protocol development, capacity building) and managerial activities.
- Develop and review project work plans, track project progress, and prepare reports on deliverables.
- In partnership with the Provincial TB program and project staff, coordinate and support strengthening of the TB Laboratory network within the target province.
- Build regional and district staff capacity in management of Laboratory services, Laboratory data management, quality assurance and diagnostics.
- Support introduction and maintenance of new techniques to diagnose TB, e.g; GeneXpert and LED fluorescent microscopy.
- Support coordination and monitor implementation of all Eradicate TB TB Laboratory activities within the target province.
- Oversee technical supervisory visits to Eradicate TB supported districts and provide feedback to all levels.
- Provide leadership and represent Eradicate TB in technical working groups and meetings with other partners at the Provincial level.
- Work with project staff to develop journal articles, presentations, and posters to promote project.
- Bachelor of Science in biomedical sciences or equivalent qualification.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in medical laboratory sciences.
- Expertise in laboratory strengthening activities.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office package.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills in English.
- Experience with United States Government funding sources preferred.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Zambia.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://path.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=302531&company_id=15780&version=1&source=ONLINE&JobOwner=1013109&startflag=1 →