Zambart is a research-focussed non-governmental organisation that conducts research on HIV and Tuberculosis to help control and mitigate the impact of the dual epidemic. Zambart staff form an interdisciplinary team with a range of expertise including epidemiology, clinical science, social science, laboratory, operations research, health systems and services research, health policy analysis, health economics, health communication and counselling.
Zambart is looking for an ambitious and suitably qualified person to fill the position of Laboratory Technologist.
The jobholder will join the field core team conducting research laboratory activities using the mobile labs in Kabwe and later on Choma and Livingstone.
The jobholder will report to the Team Leader
- Receive TREATS Prevalence sputum specimens in the mobile laboratory at the Mobile Field Site.
- Enter patient information in DMS, and perform Xpert TB testing on sputum specimens collected at the Mobile Field Site and any other testing that may be required.
- Receive blood samples at the Mobile Field Sites and prepare for dispatch to Regional hub for processing.
- Packaging and shipping sputum samples to be sent to Zambart Central Laboratory in Lusaka for TB Culture work.
- Temperature monitoring of laboratory and equipment.
- Laboratory Equipment monitoring and maintenance.
- Stocktaking and ordering of lab supplies.
- Provide support to specimen collection stations at the Mobile Field Site.
- Liaise with ZAMBART Central Lab, and District Administrative Office and Team Leaders at the Mobile Field Sites.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by Team Leaders, Zambart Central Laboratory and Study Management.
- Diploma in Biomedical Science with experience in TB Testing using Gene Xpert
This post is initially for a period of 4 months with a possibility of an extension.
How to apply
Applicants meeting the criteria for the above jobs should send their latest CVs, cover letter and copies of qualification to the email address below, outlining very clearly how they meet the above criteria;
Email: [email protected]
Or drop the application letters at
The Human Resource Manager
PO Box 50697
UNZA Ridgeway Campus
The DA, Zambart Kabwe Office
Kabwe District Health Office
CLOSING DATE: Close of Business Tuesday day 10th November 2020