Right to Care
Right to Care is at the vanguard in supporting and delivering prevention, care, and treatment services for HIV and associated diseases. We work with government and communities to find pioneering solutions to build and strengthening public healthcare.
We embrace a strong entrepreneurial culture and focuses on innovation and the use of technology to enhance services, address skills shortages, and deliver quality healthcare outcomes. Our areas of expertise include HIV and TB care and treatment, pharmacy automation, medical male circumcision, and cervical cancer diagnosis and treatment.
Right to Care Zambia has been awarded a five (5) year project funded by the USAID through the PEPFAR mechanism. The USAID – Action HIV project aims to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission by achieving the UNAIDS and PEPFAR goal of 95/95/95 HIV treatment coverage by providing comprehensive HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment maintenance services in Luapula, Northern and Muchinga provinces of Zambia. The USAID Action HIV project will work closely with and in support of the Ministry of Health.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Request to Hire No.: RTCZ22-092
Date advertised: 8th November, 2022
Closing date: 11th November, 2022
Position: Laboratory Technologist
Location: Northern Province (Luwingu)
No. of Vacancies: 01
Contract duration: Until 30th September 2023
Contract type: Fixed Term
Job grade: TBA
Reporting to: Provincial Laboratory Coordinator
Contact email: [email protected]
Contact Person: Vacancy 11
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience:
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Diploma in Biomedical Sciences
- Registration with the Health Professions Council of Zambia
- ART and Essential Medicines Logistics Management course and Strong knowledge of HIV/AIDS
- 3 years public health sector experience.
- 3 years’ experience in general Laboratory practice involving major disciplines of Laboratory sciences, i.e. Haematology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Parasitology and Virology.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biomedical Sciences
- 3 years’ experience in the Use and Maintenance of the major ART Testing and monitoring Equipment.
- 2 years’ experience in the operations of the National Procurement, Ordering and Storage Systems of ART Commodities
- 2 years’ experience with the donor funded projects
TECHNICAL AND BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES
- Problem solving skills
- Good Communications skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good interpersonal skills
- Personal management skills
- Computer Literate
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Able to perform, Basic ART Laboratory related Haematology, Clinical Chemistry, Serology and Immunology, accurately with minimal supervision
- Provide Technical guidance to the Clinical staff on how to collect correct specimens from patients.
- Provide guidance to the Clinical staff on what type of Specimens to be collected and what type of containers to be used in the performance of the commonly performed Tests in the Clinical Laboratory
- Exhibit competent in the use of essential Haematology, Biochemistry, Serology and Immunology instruments approved for use in the Public Health institutions.
- Maintain and document all maintenance activities performed on the essential Laboratory Equipment found in the Public Health Institutions.
- Able to carry out basic trouble shooting measures on laboratory equipment failing to perform according to the expected performance.
- Ensure that all Basic Laboratory Standard requirements, which includes Internal Quality Controls (IQC) and External Quality Control (EQA) activities, are always performed on all tests performed in the Laboratory, according to the standard guidelines and are well documented
- Works with District Lab Systems and eLab support roving/teams to ensure VL samples are correctly taken and transported from points of care
- Ensure adequate supplies of Lab commodities including test kits, urine dipsticks etc
- Ensures timeous distribution of Lab results for patients
- Ensures compliance with good laboratory practices
- Carry out basic trouble shooting on all Internal Quality Control results failing out the acceptable standards
By applying for the above-mentioned position, you consent to Right to Care to conduct qualification, ID, criminal and reference checks (internal and external) which forms part of the Company’s recruitment policy and procedure. Should you not receive a response to your application from Right to Care within one month of this advert being placed, kindly consider your application as being unsuccessful.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process. Right to Care reserves the right to withdraw the vacancy at any time for whatever reason.
Right to Care is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
Right to Care Zambia is aware of fraudulent activities by certain individuals claiming to be representatives of the organization.
Be advised that Right to Care does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and as such Right to Care Zambia assumes no responsibility for any announcements or activities by such individuals or entities.