Website LAKE KARIBA HARVEST COMMERCIAL LIMITED
ENVIROMENTAL AND SAFETY OFFICER VACANCY AT KARIBA HARVEST LIMITED
Kariba Harvest Limited (KHL) under Lake Harvest Group (LHA) seeks to recruit a qualified Environmental and safety Officer in Siavonga southern province
Kariba Harvest Limited (KHL) is a Greenfield investment and a vertically integrated tilapia farm with the capacity to produce 12,000t of annual harvest per year. KHL is located 10km west of Siavonga along the shores of Lake Kariba. Kariba Harvest Limited and Lake Harvest Aquaculture are part of African Century Foods Limited (ACF), which is an Africa – focused investment company implementing a strategy to create the largest white protein producer in sub-Saharan Africa focusing on tilapia fish farming.
In addition to KHL, ACF has other tilapia farming operations: Lake Kariba Harvest Commercial Limited (Lusaka and other surrounding towns in Zambia, Lake Harvest Aquaculture (LHA) in Zimbabwe and Lake Harvest Uganda (LHU), formerly known as SON Fish Farm, in Uganda. LHA is the largest tilapia farm in sub-Saharan Africa.
- To develop and implement health and safety plans, data capture and ongoing analysis
- Set up and implement hazardous waste, waste water or toxin management
- Oversee and review health and safety documentation
- Inspection for healthy safety standards
- Following complainants and investigation outbreaks of infectious diseases and pest
- Monitoring of fluoridation of public water supplies
- Establishing HSE rules, policies and procedures to support business and create a safe working environmental
- Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessment for work areas, equipment and operations
- Ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation
- Identify OHS related training needs for the business.
- Full Grade 12 Certificate with 5 Credits or better
- Degree/ Diploma in Environmental health
- Member of Health Profession council of Zambia (HPCZ)
- 1-year experience