We are looking for an experienced floor supervisor to join our team. The floor supervisor’s responsibilities, in working in close collaboration with the floor manager, will include ensuring that all meals are properly portioned and presented and resolving customer complaints. You should also be able to expedite service during busy periods by assisting in serving customers and processing payments.
To be successful as a floor supervisor, you should be detail-oriented and knowledgeable about food health and safety regulations. Ultimately, an exceptional floor supervisor should be able to multitask as well as demonstrate excellent leadership, problem-solving, and customer service skills.
Floor Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Training, and managing food service employees.
- Scheduling employee work hours to ensure that all shifts are adequately covered.
- Assisting with staff briefings with regards targets, updating of sales, sales promotions and events
- Preparing duty roster in line with upcoming events, promotions and trades of the day
- Tracking hourly sales and advise floor manager
- Ensuring all staff stick to their allocated sections and coordinate teams for smooth and efficient service
- Evaluating team performance and provide leadership for individual staff improvement
- Reporting all maintenance and equipment issues to floor manager for timely resolution
- Ensuring that customers are served quality food in a timely manner.
- Regularly inspecting all work areas to ensure compliance with food health and safety regulations.
- Taking inventory of food supplies and other consumables, ordering necessary supplies as needed, and receiving deliveries as guided by the floor manager
- Coordinating cleaning and maintenance services including trash removal, pest control, deep cleaning, and equipment maintenance, as needed.
Floor Supervisor Requirements:
- Grade 12 School Certificate
- Diploma in hotel and restaurant management, food service management, or related field is preferred.
- Proven experience working in the food service industry.
- Sound knowledge of labor laws as well as food health and safety regulations.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding leadership and management skills.
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills.
- Attention to detail.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
Submit your CVs only to [email protected] by 17th January 2023. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.