Peace Corps Zambia
PEACE CORPS/ZAMBIA VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: VA- 11/2017
Peace Corps/Zambia wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Language and Cross-Culture Coordinator (LCC)
LOCATION: Pre Service Training Centre (PST) Chongwe
WORK SCHEDULE: 48 hours/Week (Short-fixed term contract-January to May, 2018)
The Language and Cross-Culture Coordinator (LCC) will supervise the Pre-Service Training (PST) language training program. The incumbent will also assist in training of the language instructors in the methodology and procedures of Peace Corps Zambia’s Language Training Program. Participates in the scheduling of language classes in collaboration with PST senior staff; assign classes to language instructors and evaluates final Language and Cross-Culture Facilitators (LCF) performance.
In order to be selected for this position, the applicant must be a Zambian Citizen, must not have been employed in intelligence-related activities, and must submit a typed cover letter and CV that clearly documents how they meet each of the following mandatory requirements;
- Possession of a University diploma/degree in English Language/ Linguistics.
- Five years of experience teaching English Language/ Linguistics in secondary school.
- Three years of experience in teaching language to adult learners using adult learning principles.
- Good working knowledge and fluency in English.
- Fluent speaker in at least two of the following Languages and fluent in at least two: Bemba, Kaonde, Lunda, Tonga, Mambwe, Tumbuka and Nyanja.
- Excellent knowledge of grammar, idiom, syntax, and pronunciation of at least two host country languages.
- Sound knowledge of the Zambian culture and experience facilitating sessions related to Zambian culture.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft programs (Word, Excel and Power point).
For detailed job specifications and submission instructions, please visit: http://zm.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/jobs/.
Applications and supporting documentation including a typed cover letter and CV (with at least three traceable references) that clearly documents how you meet each of the above requirements must be submitted by close of business November 22, 2017. Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement when applying for this role.
Address applications to:
The Human Resources Specialist,
Peace Corps Zambia,
Plot 71A Kabulonga Rd.
P.O. Box 50707, Lusaka, Zambia
Email: [email protected] clearly stating name and position applied for in the subject line
Only short-listed candidates will be notified and no telephone inquiries will be entertained
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com