Purpose of the role:
- To maximise plant availability through maintaining operational integrity of the plant & equipment in order to achieve production targets.
- This role is responsible for providing the highest quality services and that all services provided are performed within a safe and timely manner.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Do fault finding on larox press filters and to perform mechanical maintenance as well as follow the PM task schedules.
- Safely, manually operate larox press filters with the hand held operating unit and through the PLC screen.
- Perform visual checks and inspections while the larox filters are in operation and identify any defects on the mentioned equipment.
- Do larox press filter mechanical tasks/maintenance according to the safe work instructions.
- Ensure good housekeeping practices are maintained.
- Coordinate with other departmental team members as well as process departmental members
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Minimum of Craft Certificate in Mechanical fitting
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the mining industry or equivalent private industry as an Artisan who has worked on larox press filters doing mechanical maintenance tasks
- Abilities to perform mechanical maintenance, fault finding and safely, manually operate larox press filters.
- Troubleshooting abilities on various centrifugal pumps, conveyor drives, conveyors, experience in hydraulics will be an advantage.
- Maintenance background, with preference given to direct mining experience.
- Detail Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Team player
- Effective communication skills
- Conscientious attitude
To apply for this job please visit www.first-quantum.com.