Website Latitude 15 Degrees Hotel
The Latitude 15 ° Hotel seeks to recruit a Receptionist to join the Front Office Team. The Receptionist will be responsible for providing an exceptional memorable guest experience. S/he will be responsible for checking guests in and out of the hotel, processing their bills, and attending to any requests made by guests during their shift.
Department : Front Office
Reports To : Front Office Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Warmly receive guests to the hotel and promptly attends to their inquiries.
- Responsible for answering, screening and forwarding incoming phone calls, using proper telephone etiquette to respond adequately and accurately to phone inquiries.
- Responds to and relays all guest requests, complaints and reports any unusual occurrences to the front office manager.
- Builds rapport and good relationships with guests to make them feel comfortable.
- Receives payments and verifies the guest’s method of payment, ensuring established credit-checking procedures are followed.
- Responsible for processing guest check-ins, check-outs and obtaining correct guest details in an efficient and quick manner, ensuring all information is filed as per company standard.
- Attends to all forms of room, events and conference bookings made online, on phone, and in person, to ensure all business opportunities are captured through responding to all guest reservation requests and executing prompt, courteous and accurate guest service at all times.
- Handles the reservation correspondence accurately and follows up on any missing correspondence before guest arrival. S/he will assist guests with luggage when needed.
- Informs guests of the services and accommodation rates in the hotel and makes reservations for guests according to their needs.
- Has full understanding of cancellation procedures and ensures that all reservation cancellations are put into effect immediately, ensuring proper communication is made to the relevant parties.
- Performs cashiering tasks such as bill / invoice settlement and keeps clear and comprehensive records of guest room bookings and all billings for accountability and future reference.
- Thoroughly understands and adheres to proper credit, check-cashing, and cash handling policies and procedures.
- Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping department by notifying the housekeeping team of all check outs, late checkouts, early check-ins, special requests, and day use rooms.
- Reports issues of maintenance and malfunctioning appliances in guest rooms to the manager for quick repair in order to ensure guests comfort and satisfaction.
Skills and Competences
- Communication skills
- ICT Literacy
- Analytic skills
- Experience with accounting procedure
- Good customer service and problem-solving skills
- Must have minimum diploma in General Hospitality or related field from an accredited university.
- 3+ years’ experience in front desk operations.
- A qualification in Business Administration will be an added advantage
Due to the nature of the job which involves a lot of of movement, this position requires one to be physically fit and able stand for long periods of time.
S/he be flexible with scheduling and willing to work days, nights, weekends and holidays.
Forward a Cover letter, Curriculum Vitae and relevant academic certificates strictly as one document to [email protected]. Only candidates that meet the criteria are advised to apply.