Website Laura and Partners Consulting Limited
Value Driven, People Centric!
IF IT’S WORTH DOING, IT’S WORTH DOING WELL
Our client, in an NGO sector seeks to employ a competent and qualified Country Manager
Purpose of the Job
Executing the mission, goals, objectives of the organization and its programs and activities based on strategic guidance provided by the Board of Directors. He or she will be responsible for the following; Managing the Community Center; Leading the development and implementation of the organization’s strategic plan; Providing oversight and ensuring effective implementation of programs; Tracking performance of the organization and core team members against KPIs and developing and cultivating strategic partnerships; Maintaining a diverse funding portfolio to sustain the organizations programs:
Building and maintaining an effective team; Managing external relations; and ensuring compliance with local and donor requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop organizational strategy and ensure execution of a diverse portfolio of programs and projects
- Advance the organization’s mission through rigorous, ethical financial and contractual practices, and lead staff to ensure behavioral competencies;
- Bring strategic, visionary, entrepreneurial and collaborative thinking to the operations and country management function;
- Develop and implement innovative strategic initiatives in direct support of a mission, goals and objectives;
- Develop and implement a fundraising plan for the organization to support the growth and continuity of programs;
- Demonstrate stewardship in ensuring the organization meets and exceeds compliance standards of country regulations, organizational policies, and donor requirements;
- Identify, report and address risk to the organization in a timely manner;
- Develop, manage (i.e., coordinate) relationships with project funder(s) and other key stakeholders, including producing periodic progress reports and other materials requested by funders;
- Identify, pursue and manage strategic partnerships and collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders including project partners, key experts, and in-country contacts.
- Coordinate and facilitate regular communications and meetings of the organization’s Executive Board, Advisory Board, and Board committees;
- Identify areas for Board members to participate in programs and activities throughout the year;
- Work closely with the organization’s Board of Directors to execute strategic plans, policies, and goals.
- Ensure adequate financial controls are in place to manage organization funding;
- Provide oversight to any key Finance team members and ensure thorough annual audits take place;
- Review and approve funds for expenditures for approved program areas pursuant to set finance policies;
- Develop, monitor and report on the annual operating budget.
- Recruit staff as needed based on agreed strategic growth set out in the organizations strategic plan;
- Provide oversight of NGO’S team members:
- Work with staff to develop annual work plans and review progress;
- Set performance targets and conduct annual performance reviews for all staff members;
- Manage, mentor, motivate, and encourage staff to set and achieve individual and shared goals, to develop, plan and implement their ideas, and to fulfill their roles;
- Actively cultivate a healthy team culture built on trust and communication
- Foster a spirit of collaboration, shared purpose and trust between affiliates.
Administration, Monitoring and Reporting
- Ensure the organisation maintains good standing with all of the appropriate regulatory authorities;
- Ensure all returns to the government and regulatory institutions are filed accurately and in a timely manner;
- Proactively build relationships with and act as primary liaison to Government at all levels;
- Submit reports to the Board of Directors and the affiliate organisation at according to agreed-upon timelines and designated templates.
Program Development, Monitoring and Reporting
- Ensure project management best practices are implemented, including, but not limited to creation and implementation of the charters and the establishment and implementation of monitoring and evaluation plans;
- Ensure high quality program monitoring is planned and completed consistently within each program including the collection of baseline data, setting targets, establishing data collection methods, etc.
- Track, record and monitor program participants and beneficiary data and build a strong alumni base;
- Oversee programmatic staff to:
- Identify areas for improvement and expansion;
- Develop concept notes, project charters and plans to set objectives, outcomes, activities and stakeholders, etc.;
- Develop accurate corresponding budgets;
- Conduct needs assessments at regular intervals to ensure programs are relevant and meeting community needs;
- Work with programmatic staff to create an annual impact report assessing project impact
- Manage and build strategic partnerships to advance mutual interest and drive collective impact;
- Represent the organisation to key stakeholders, including donors, political figures and others;
- Ensure consistent, and accurate information flow between all stakeholders, particularly with the Board of Directors and the Global Affiliate;
- Provide logistical support to stakeholder traveling within Zambia on certain occasions;
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; Master’s degree in Development Studies or related field preferred;
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years in the field of not-for-profit market, with progressively increasing experience managing complex programs in Zambia;
- Experience working with the Ministry of Youth;
- Experience working with local government and regulatory authorities in Zambia;
- Experience working with and between multi-country non-profits and with multiple funding sources, including foundations, corporations and USG funding;
Personal Qualities and Attributes
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate problems, assess situations quickly and implement appropriate policies and procedures in response;
- Strong diplomatic and political skills, and excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to plan and develop programs for, and manage, large, complex, multidisciplinary, geographically-dispersed programs or initiatives;
- Proven ability to manage, motivate, coach, and develop staff;
- Ability to gather, evaluate and present information effectively to employees, management and a Board of Directors and make actionable recommendations; strong written and oral presentation skills;
- Ability to think conceptually and deal decisively with practical matters in a proactive manner that reduces financial risk to the organization;
- Proven ability and willingness to work independently, prioritize and hold oneself accountable;
- Strong mastery of Google Drive and Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of Bembe, Nyanja and other Zambian languages is favorable.
Applications must be addressed to:
The Managing Partner/CEO
Laura & Partners Consulting Limited CV 16 D.C. Wallace Road,
COMESA Exhibition Village, Show Grounds, Lusaka