Website Laura and Partners Consulting Limited
Value Driven, People Centric!
EXECUTIVE ROLE – GET ON BOARD
Our client in the aviation industry is looking for a suitably qualified and experienced person who is ambitious, innovative, energetic and performance-driven to fill an Executive Director position.
Purpose of the Job
To perform management and administration functions aimed at implementing Board decisions. The incumbent will provide corporate governance through provision of effective leadership, overseeing policy, law and guidelines implementation to ensure that the strategic objectives of the institution are congruent and align with the country’s 8th National Development Plan.
- Perform all regulatory and oversight functions, duties and general functions as permitted by law
- Ensuring Regulation of aviation aspect of the business in such a manner as to best promote safety and security for all air transport users.
- Preparing Financial Proposals for major capital investments and institutional and human resource development projects.
- Engaging and discussing with stake holders on all matters connected with or incidental to aviation.
- Providing an institutional development framework to the stakeholders, fully reviewed and endorsed by the Board of Directors.
- Managing relations with Internal and External Stakeholders including appropriate Government Ministries and Agencies.
- Reviewing of Systems Operations and Procedures to ensure relevance in supporting the mandate of the institution.
- Developing and implementing the Authority’s Strategic and operational plans and ensuring attainment of the regulatory mandate.
- Prudent management and performance and all institution’s resources such as staff, finance, machinery, and others to ensure the attainment of the institutions Strategic vision.
- Perform other related duties and functions as may be required from time to time.
Key Qualifications & Skills
- Full Form V/Grade 12 School Certificate with five (5) ‘O’ Levels with credit or better, including Mathematics and English;
- University degree or equivalent professional qualifications in one or more of the major fields of Aviation.
- Relevant post graduate qualifications from a recognized Institution.
- MBA or Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in Aviation profession at Management Level, responsible for planning of National Civil Aviation development or equivalent professional.
- Strong understanding of Risk Management, Compliance and Regulatory Requirements.
- Strong Understanding of Strategic Planning, Corporate Governance, Performance Management and General Management Practices
- Knowledge of and understanding of Aviation local and international legal framework.
The Managing Partner
Laura & Partners Consulting Limited
CV 16 D.C. Wallace Road,
COMESA Exhibition Village, Show Grounds, Lusaka
Applications must be emailed with the subject “Executive Director Position” to [email protected] on or by Tuesday 07 November, 2023
Only electronic applications will be accepted