WWF-World Wide Fund for Nature is the world’s largest independent conservation organization, with close to five million supporters and a network active in more than 100 countries on five continents. Our mission is to stop the degradation of the planet’s natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature by conserving the world’s biological diversity, ensuring that the use of renewable natural resources is sustainable and promoting the reduction of pollution and wasteful consumption.
WWF Zambia seeks to recruit proficient, energetic and motivated Interns:
Leading the Change: Civil Society, Rights and Environment Project Intern
Duration: November – April (6 Months)
The Leading the Change: Civil Society, Rights and Environment Project Intern will provide assistance with delivery of the Sida Leading the Change Project in close collaboration with Partner CSOs Caritas Livingstone, Caritas Mpika and NECOS based in Lusaka who are working closely with WWF.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertaking consultations with CSO partners on their capacity needs
- Training of partner staff with Consultants in relevant institutional and technical skills
- Monitor sub-granting to utilisation and activity implementation at CSO level
- Supporting CSO with the development of fundraising strategies with Consultants
- Undertaking quarterly meetings with CSOs
- Development of proposals
- Undertaking of project evaluations with Consultants
- Bachelors in Development Studies, Project Management or Environmental Education/ Science
- Must have a good understanding of sustainable development, Natural Resource Management, climate change and Energy.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Basic skills in Project Management
- Basic skills in lobbying and advocacy
- Conversant with working in partnerships with CSOs in environment, climate change, energy and sustainable development
- Ability to work independently, and with a diverse group of individuals.
- Basic problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Good writing and documentation skills
How to apply?
Email a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae clearly indicating the position applied for to [email protected] Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for applications: 12th November 2018.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to having a diverse workforce
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org