SNV Netherlands Development Organisation
The Netherlands Development Organization (SNV)
TERMS OF REFERENCE –PROVISION OF GENERAL LEGAL SERVICES TO SNV ZAMBIA (3 YEAR CONTRACT)
1.0 About SNV
The Netherlands Development Organization (SNV) is an international not-for-profit development organization that believes in contributing to poverty alleviation in Zambia through various programs/projects that it implements. Founded in the Netherlands 50 years ago, SNV has built a long-term, local presence in 39 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. SNVs global team of Local and International advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisation with tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services- empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development. There is great opportunity by all people to pursue their own sustainable development and SNV is working with different groups in pursuant of the same. SNV provides services in Agriculture, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, and Energy. The recipients of these services include governmental institutions, non-governmental organizations and private sector organizations, communities and individual households. SNV Zambia operates from the following offices based in; Lusaka, Mazabuka, Monze, Choma, Kabwe, Ndola, Kasama, Katete and Lundazi.
2.0 Tasks and deliveries;
SNV Zambia engages in various activities and contracts that need expert legal advice and interpretation. This may range from written opinions, informal engagements, endorsement of contracts and documents and general legal representation in the courts of laws.
Task and deliverables will include;
- General legal representation in all litigations
- Legal Advice on specific issues
- Legal Opinions on specific issues
- Endorsement and notarising of documents
- Any other legal issues that may arise
3.0 Location and Period of Service
This engagement will be executed from Lusaka and the services so agreed will be provided to the whole SNV Zambia through the Country office in Lusaka. The relationship will be reviewed every three years by both parties.
If necessary, the advocate could travel within the country to represent SNV in the courts of law. SNV Zambia will cover the travel and accommodation cost according to SNV internal regulations in addition to the daily professional fees.
4.0 Legal Fees.
(To be included in the response to the call but will be subject to withholding Tax at source).
5.0 Rights and Obligation of the Advocate.
SNV Zambia shall provide the advocate with all documents, material, information and logistical support that may be requested of them and is relevant for the assignment/s. All documents materials and information provided to the advocate in the course of this work shall not be released or used by the advocate for any other than those that benefit or assigned by SNV.
6.0 Relation with SNV.
As an independent Advocate, no employee-employer relationship shall exist between the Advocate and SNV.
(To be included in proposal)
8.0 Requirements of the Advocate/ consultant
Registered and recognized legal firm with a team of advocates possessing;
- LLB Degree from a reputable University and ZIALE certification
- Admission as an Attorney or Advocate of the High Court for Zambia (AHCZ).
- Member of the Law Association of Zambia and holder of valid Practicing License.
- At least Five (5) year experience at the bar in a busy law firm or corporate organization.
- Experience with INGOs or multinational entities
- Traceable references with day time contacts and email addresses.
9.0 Submission of Bids/Quotation:
All submissions should be sent via:
1. Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com the subject line should read ‘GENERAL LEGAL COUNSEL REPRESENTATIVE FOR SNV ZAMBIA”
2. Postal: Procurement Office, SNV Netherlands Development Organisation, No.7, Nkanchibaya Road, Rhodes Park, Lusaka, Zambia
Submissions are to be made available to SNV no later than 24th August 2017. Ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advert.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org