ZAMBIA FORESTRY AND FOREST INDUSTRIES CORPORATION PLC
The Zambia Forestry and Forest Industries Corporation Plc (ZAFFICO) is a Public Limited Company, which is a member of the Industrial Development. Corporation (IDC) group of companies responsible for establishing and managing exotic forest plantations in the country.
The Corporation’s mission is to establish and manage commercial exotic forest plantations in order to meet wood product demands.
In pursuance of its mission, the Corporation is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the under listed position:
LEGAL COUNSEL (4 YEAR CONTRACT)
REPORTING TO CORPORATION SECRETARY
To provide legal advice and opinion, ensuring legal compliance of the Corporation with various institutions and represent the Corporation in litigations in order to protect the interest of the Corporation. To assist the Corporation Secretary in any manner so required in furtherance of the interests of the Corporation.
MAIN DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB HOLDER
- Under the Supervision and Guidance of the Corporation Secretary arrange Management Meetings and take minutes of the proceedings thereof;
- Attend to filhngs at relevant agencies i.e. PACRA, Ministry of Lands, ZDA, ZEMA, including Court Registries;
- Liaise with law enforcement agencies;
- Attend to legal research and preparation of opinions;
- Liaise with various agencies to ensure that the Corporation adheres to compliance requirements and implements risk governance;
- Under instruction from the Corporation Secretary institute and represent the Corporation in civil and/or criminal actions;
- Attend to drafting of contracts and other agreements;
- Attend to assisting in preparation af reports and other documents far Management meetings as required;
- Attending to Conveyancing for the Corporation:
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the superior from time to time.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 School Certificate.
- LLB degree or its equivalent and advocate of the High Court of Zambia.
- Five (5) years relevant experience in a reputable organisation with a traceable record.
Interested candidates may submit their application letters, copies of relevant academic certificates and curriculum vitae, indicating contact telephone, or cell number’s, names and contact addresses of traceable referees and copies of other credentials to the postal or email address below:
DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCE
P O BOX 71566
CLOSING DATE for receiving applications is Friday 4th September 2020.