Micro Finance Zambia Limited
Exciting Career Opportunity
Designation: Legal Counsel/Company Secretary
Reporting Line: Chief Executive Officer
Business Unit: Legal
To provide administrative assistance with respect to the Board and Exco of Micro Finance Zambia and their sub-committees with specific focus on agendas, packs, minutes and resolutions relating to these meetings, assisting with the co-ordination of regulatory submissions.
Key Outputs & Responsibilities:
1. Board, Exco and sub-committees
- Schedule meetings, set agendas, prepare and distribute packs and take minutes
- Ensure that the Board, Exco and Sub Committees charters and terms of reference are relevant and updated.
- Provide legal counsel to the Board, Exco and Sub committees
2. Other Company secretarial administrative support
- Perform administration regarding PACRA and other relevant regulatory submissions and statutory filing.
3. Governance, risk and compliance
- Proactively identify, resolve and/or escalate potential legal and other relevant risks
4. Stakeholder engagement
- Display assertiveness, diplomacy and sound influencing skills in negotiating effective outcomes to requests
- Gather the right information and know where to source information within business in order to direct queries/requests to appropriate parties
5. Effective teamwork, self-management and alignment with company values
Qualifications & Experience
- Grade 12 School Certificate with 5 credits including English and Mathematics
- Degree in Law
- 5+ years’ in company secretary role
Interested Applicants who meet the job requirements should e-mail their CVs to [email protected] Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Be sure to include the job applied for in the subject field. Closing date. Friday, 25th September, 2020.