Company: Zambia Information and Communication Technology Authority
Reference #: LEG001
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
ZICTA is looking to hire a Legal Officer to develop Legislation on ICT – related policy and legal matters in order to ensure the proposal of the introduction of any policy or proposed legislation follows an intricate route prescribed in the Business Regulatory Act. To act as the liaison between the Authority and the Business Regulatory Agency. Ensure that the Authority knowledge of new technology is up to date and evaluate the impact of such technology on the law.
Job Functions: Legal
- Constant monitoring and evaluating the implementation of current legislation;
- Proposing amendments to current legislation where need arises;
- Proposing new legislation [whether directly administered by the Authority or otherwise]
- Maintenance of a library of current legislation;
- Collection and maintenance of Court judgment library;
- Collecting and maintenance of extracts from judgments which may have a bearing an effect on administration of current legislation;
- Attending to Ministry of Justice Internal Legislative Committee meetings;
- Attending to Parliamentary Committee memoranda as requested by Parliament;
- Attending to Business Regulatory Agency – related matters as a liaison between BRRA and the Authority;
- Collecting copies of ITU, CRASA, ATU and other Conventions and resolutions and keeping a library of the same;
- Developing and maintaining relevant extracts from ITU, CRASA, ATU and other Conventions and resolutions referred to above;
- Attending ITU study group meeting;
- Participating in legislative committees and study groups of regional and international organizations the Authority is a member of.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Law
- Post Graduate Law Practicing Certificate
- Post Graduate Certificate in Legislative drafting
- 3 years post certification experience in legal practice
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to offer sound legal advice and representation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Business acumen at operational and strategic level.
- Able to work in collaboration with people at various levels and from different backgrounds.
- Assertive, result oriented and able to work under pressure.
Job Closing Date: 27/11/2020