We are looking for a reliable Debt collector to contact debtors and claim outstanding debts. You will be responsible for recovering the money owed in as little time as possible.
This position can be stressful and difficult. A debt collector will have to be polite and sensitive towards people while also remaining committed to their purpose and persistent. Excellent communication skills and a sense of urgency are extremely useful to succeed in this task.
- Keep track of assigned accounts to identify outstanding debts.
- Plan course of action to recover outstanding payments.
- Locate and contact debtors to inquire of their payment status.
- Negotiate payoff deadlines or payment plans.
- Issue demand letters were relevant.
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies.
- Update account status and database regularly.
- Alert superiors of debtors unwilling or unable to pay when necessary.
- Comply with requirements when legal action is unavoidable.
Requirements and Skills
- Proven experience as debt collector.
- Experience in working with targets and tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of relevant legal requirements.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and databases.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Excellent in negotiating and persuading.
- Ability to be polite and compassionate without lacking confidence.
- High school diploma is preferred.
Applications should be sent to [email protected], no later than Tuesday 10th January, 2023.