LENDOR AND BURTON LIMITED
Big Rock Mining Limited seeks to recruit a highly vibrant and committed employee for the position of Light and Heavy Duty Vehicle Mechanic. Reporting to the Supervisor – Maintenance, the candidate will be responsible for assisting the maintenance department in the establishment of preventative and responsive maintenance and development with the maintenance department and the site.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Being able to do proper troubleshooting and fault finding on light and heavy mechanical equipment.
2. Service, repair, adjust, and perform testing on motorized vehicles, and equipment system components and equipment, that operate primarily based on mechanical principles.
3. Operate, maneuver, and drive mechanized equipment such as forklifts, passenger vehicles, transit coaches, landscape equipment, heavy-duty vehicles, machinery, and trucks.
4. Maintain daily work activity including vehicle and equipment maintenance records.
5. Perform maintenance and repairs, including disassembly and reassembly, of auxiliary and stationary equipment and parts.
6. Bend, straighten, fabricate, weld, and repair components as necessary.
7. Read and interpret diagnostic test results using meters, gauges, and computerized and handheld diagnostic equipment.
8. Raise trucks, buses, or other equipment using hydraulic jacks or hoists.
9. Inspect and repair brakes, including air brake systems, steering mechanisms, transmissions, engines, and other components of the Company’s fleet of vehicles and heavy and light-duty equipment.
10. Perform routine maintenance, such as oil changes, lubrication, and electrical system service.
11. Repair or replace malfunctioning components, parts, and other mechanical or electrical equipment.
12. Test drive vehicles to ensure proper operation and verification of repairs.
13. Examine and adjust protective guards and other safety devices.
14. Diagnose and repair automotive and heavy-duty auto electrical control systems.
15. Maintain records of repairs in a web-based fleet management system.
16. Train and coordinate the work of assigned assistants.
17. Basic auto electrical troubleshooting and fault finding.
18. Perform Adhoc duties.
To be considered for the position, you must meet the following requirements:
1. Full Grade 12 certificate;
2. Craft Certificate in Heavy and Light Equipment Repair or Equivalent from a recognized Institution;
3. Minimum ten (10) years relevant work experience;
4. Must be computer literate
Those interested in the position must send their CV to [email protected]