Website Let's Build Foundation
Let’s Build is starting an office in Zambia and will be setup as an INGO and is affiliated to Let’s Build Foundation; a global non-profit organization founded in Norway in 2020.
We are impartial, neutral, independent, and united by our common vision: A classroom for everyone.
Our mission: We build classrooms to increase children and youths’ enrolment in secondary education.
Let’s Build cooperate with local Government to improve public secondary education infrastructure. Our work is focused on the construction of classrooms in public secondary schools through local contractors and communities. We believe well designed and built classrooms help to increase attendance, improve student outcomes, support better teaching, and reduce student dropouts. We have a local presence in the countries we work, and we collaborate to maximize our impact. When our construction is complete, we handover the classrooms to local Government. Let’s Build strives to be a trusted partner for communities, government, and education stakeholders.
CORE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Represent Let’s Build Zambia in meetings and dialogue with key Government, private sector and community education stakeholders to support construction works
- Ensure effective engagement of communities in Let’s Build Zambia’s work
- Contribute to Let’s Build Zambia operational development, finding innovative and efficient ways of working
- Conduct assessment and monitoring visits to Let’s Build Zambia projects and locations
- Contribute to implementation of Let’s Build Zambia’s annual Objectives and Key Results (OKR’s)
- Stand in for Let’s Build Zambia Country Representative as required
- Prepare building designs, scope of works, terms of reference, contracts, budgets, time schedules and all other technical requirements for construction projects
- Review construction designs (architectural, structural designs, etc.) for accuracy and suitability, identifying improvements and proposing practical solutions and alternatives where possible
- Review tender documentation and ensure accuracy and compliance to relevant codes and standards
- Contribute to technical review and selection process of construction contractors and consultants
- Manage construction contracts against agreed performance targets and timelines
- Lead site assessments and technical surveys to ensure suitability of project locations
- May be required to manage site supervision, providing direction and support to contractors on construction related issues
- Review and approve contractors’ payment invoices and make associated recommendations for payments
- Ensure construction requirements have been satisfactorily completed and prepare construction site handover documents
- Coordinate Government building inspections and associated requirements as required to ensure compliance and approvals are received for all project stages
- Review construction site safety requirements and compliance
- Prepare and present progress internal progress reports and updates on key construction financial and technical indicators
Human Resources & Administration
- Ensure Let’s Build construction polices, internal systems and procedures are adopted and in use across all construction projects
- Provide periodic reports and progress updates on construction activities and other associated works to Let’s Build Head of Construction and Country Representative
- May oversee operational staff in Zambia; ensuring all staff have clear roles and responsibilities and work to achieve Let’s Build objectives
- May be responsible to manage performance and development of operational staff in Zambia
Financial & Risk Management
- Ensure internal construction quality control and quality assurance systems are in place and working effectively
- Review and document construction expenditure against agreed budgets and timelines
- Monitor risks and take corrective actions to minimize or fill identified gaps, including escalate any issues or concerns in a timely manner
- Where required prepare reports to highlight program impacts and lessons learnt.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Architecture, Construction management, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience
- Knowledge and understanding of local planning, design and building regulations
- Experience in design development and detailed construction documentation
- Experience in administering construction contracts, managing contractors and consultants
- Experience providing services during construction, including tendering, awarding construction contracts, answering RFI’s, reviewing stage payments, project close-out, etc
- Experienced with: AutoCAD, Word, Excel, Power point
- Experience working in the NGO sector in Zambia
- Experience of implementing projects in collaboration with Government and communities
- Ability to work in a flexible and agile manner as part of a start-up initiative
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies, the right candidate is:
- Focused, solution oriented with an agile management style when challenges occur
- Willing to improve, open to both receiving and giving feedback
- Collaborating well to achieve common goals
- Reliable, managing commitments and proactively communicate
- Supportive and encouraging
- Communicating in a clear way, speaks with conviction
- Thrives when juggling multiple processes, challenges and tasks
- Taking initiative, make things happen
- Communicating clearly in English, both verbally and written
LET’S BUILD OFFER
Opportunity to be a key member in the start-up of a new Country Office in Zambia. With support from a global team, lead on construction activities, implementing Let’s Build best practices to positively affect the education sector in Zambia.
The organization is centred around our core values, which influence our way of working. We are taking pride in being purpose driven, collaborative, reliable and willing to improve – values we will be looking for in the candidate.
100%- full time employee
Expecting travels to different parts of Zambia
Deadline for application:
February 23rd 2024
To send application, please follow link
Construction Project Manager – Let’s Build Foundation (letsbuild.foundation)
Cover letter max. 1 page
CV max. 2 pages
As soon as possible
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. Interviews will most likely be held digital.
To apply for this job please visit recruitment.letsbuild.foundation.