National Prosecution Authority (NPA)
NATIONAL PROSECUTION AUTHORITY
The National Prosecution Authority (NPA) is an autonomous body established by the NPA Act No. 34 of 2010. Its mission is to “provide an effective and efficient prosecution service to the public in an accountable and transparent manner, in order to uphold the rule of law, justice and human rights”. In its quest to improve service delivery, NPA is hereby inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following position:
Library Officer, Salary Scale NPA/05 – One (1) position
Reports to: Assistant Director Administration
Duty Station: Headquarters
Main Job Purpose
To manage the operations of the Authority’s library in order to ensure availability of information.
Specific Duties and Requirements:
- Undertakes the development, implementation and evaluation the information in the Library’s short and long term strategic plan in support of the Authority mission.
- Undertakes the timely procurement of library materials in order to ensure availability of up-to date information.
- Maintains an effective library system in order to facilitate accessibility of information by the users.
- Maintains an effective security system in order to minimize losses.
- Advising on policy that provides the use of information among member of staff and external users, such as Auditors.
- Supervising the use of database in the library and liaise with IT officers in order to maintain the information.
Qualifications and Work Experience
a) Full Form V or Grade 12 School Certificate
b) Bachelor of Arts in Library and information studies.
c) Must have a minimum of two (02) years experience of relevant post- qualification work
d) Member to relevant Professional Body
Skills and Other Attributes
a) Excellent writing and oral skills
b) Must be Computer Literate
c) Ability to lead and motivate staff ( managerial skills)
d) Interpersonal skills
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applications accompanied with certified copies of Academic Certificates and Curriculum Vitae, should be directed to the Office of the Chief Administrator using the following address:
The Chief Administrator
National Prosecution Authority
Plot BLX 29B, Independence Avenue
P.O Box 33970, Ridgeway
Applicants who are not able to physically submit their application documents to the address given above are advised to submit their documents electronically using the following email address:
The closing date for receiving application documents Friday 19th June 2020. NPA is an equal opportunity employer. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates for interviews will be contacted.