LIMESTONE RESOURCES LIMITED
Limestone Resource Limited seeks to employ a suitably qualified, experienced and multi-skilled individual to fill below listed vacancy.
Senior Stores Controller x 1
Reports to: Finance Manager – Planning and Analysis
The job roles include management of the inventory section as a whole and ensure that the operations of the company are sustained through effective and efficient inventory management at the same time achieving departmental and indeed company objectives.
The Senior Stores Controller shall put measures in place to ensure that stores do not deteriorate from any preventable cause and avoid overstocking of any particular item.
The main accountabilities:
- Controls the purchasing process at purchasing level to avoid buying stock items as direct stock which may result into duplication of purchase and increase burdens on the financial resources of the company;
- Manages an economical stock holding while meeting operational requirements by determining, monitoring and controlling the most economical stock levels;
- Coordinates stocktaking activities in conjunction with internal and external auditors in order to ascertain the accuracy of inventory and ensures investigation and reconciliation of discrepancies are timeously taken;
- Prepares a departmental budget from which the department is expected to operate within;
- Liaises with user departments and appropriately escalate queries related to customers satisfaction to ensure that prompt actions are taken to resolve any potential problems;
- Identifies obsolete and redundant stocks, for writing off from inventory as a way of cleaning up all unnecessary stock that form part the stockholding value;
- Ensures security of stocks and good store keeping through limited entrance into the stores and maintains clean and orderly store houses in order to have good working environment and minimizes inventory shrinkage;
- Identifies gaps in subordinates and recommends appropriate training needs to enhance performance in their daily functions through annual assessments;
- Plans, gives work direction, resolves problems and sets deadlines to ensure timely completion of all work through daily sectional planning meetings with subordinates;
- Alerts and gives daily reports to superior of any critical or potentially critical issues;
- Produces and submits the following reports and any other reports which may be needed by management:
a) Quarterly management report;
b) Quarterly stores inspection report;
c) Quarterly stock taking reports;
d) Annual stock taking report.
- Grade twelve (12) certificate
- ZIPS Level 6/Bsc Purchasing & Supply Or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the similar environment.
- A member of Zambia institute of Purchasing & Supply.
Applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their applications with copies of detailed Curriculum vitae with traceable references, academic/professional qualifications, and any other relevant documentation in support of the application.
Applications should be submitted to the address below not later than 1st September, 2023.
The Human Resource & Occupational Health Manager
Limestone Resources Limited
P.O Box 70057
Email: [email protected]
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.