LINC is a US-based small business that assists local and international organizations to design effectively, increase institutional capacity, forge lasting partnerships, and measure impact. We have developed ground-breaking tools to map organizational networks, measure social capital, and leverage systems-based approaches to development. We understand the unique constraints local organizations face, and offer practical solutions via training, consulting services, research and advocacy. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local organizations in leading their own development increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. For more information on LINC, please visit: www.linclocal.org
Description of Services
LINC seeks a Senior M&E Expert for an anticipated USAID-funded Scaling Up Nutrition- Learning and Evaluation Activity (SUN L&E) in Zambia. The SUN L&E will work simultaneously with the SUN Technical Assistance program and will to provide both outcome and high impact measures for the SUN program that will include population wide changes in nutritional status of children under two years of age across 30 districts in Zambia. This is anticipated to be a seven-year long activity.
The Senior M&E Expert is expected to provide expert-level oversight and quality control for all project data collection and research. This is a full-time position contingent upon donor award.
- Provide expert-level oversight and quality control for all project data collection and research, including design and management
- Design and management of focused scientific studies for experimental and operational research and cost-benefit analysis
- Management oversight of local survey collection along with in country survey monitors and coordinators;
- Analyze and report on survey data collected for baseline, mid-line and end-line surveys;
- Serve as a liaison/primary point of contact between USAID and the evaluation team.
- Supporting key partners in review of key indicators to enhance learning
- Supporting documentation and dissemination of key indicators, learning and best practices
Skills and Qualifications
Successful candidates should have:
- A master’s degree in strategic information-related areas preferred, including applied research, monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management, public health, nutrition or related field
- Minimum 8 years of demonstrated experience in evaluation and research of public health programs, with a preference for experience in nutrition, maternal child health, water and sanitation, agriculture
- Demonstrated experience with population-based survey methods and conducting impact evaluations, including familiarity with sampling techniques for impact evaluations for similar nutrition and health interventions
- Prior experience working with USAID or other donor funded programs preferred
- Prior experience or familiarity with nutrition, agriculture, and water and sanitation programming in Zambia is highly desirable
- Strong communication skills, including excellent writing ability in English
- Prior experience working in Zambia and/or similar regions strongly preferred
Send resume / CV to [email protected] with the position title included in the subject line. No phone calls please. Applications will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.