Linta Impact Solutions LTD
Position: Horticulture Specialist
Reports to: Site Manager/CEO
General Purpose of the Role:
Design and create gardens and lush landscapes using plants by utilising various gardening tools and equipment.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Participate in garden planning and developing of interpretive materials.
- Manage the Arboretum’s nursery of woody ornamentals, floriculture and succulent plant collections, including propagation, irrigation, plant care, and plant protection.
- Manages the plant collection database.
- Mixes soils for plant beds and containers at the site/farm plant collection.
- Coordinates the activities of other personnel in care and maintenance of plants and grounds
- Oversees new plant introductions and propagation of new species to be introduced to the site/farm plant collection.
- Observe plants and identify plants and plant problems, assess condition and health of plants.
- Maintain a unique and unusual collection of plants, impacting the cultivation and maintenance of the plants.
- Collects, compiles and analyses data on experiments; writes evaluations of findings and submit appropriate recommendations/reports.
- Maintain accurate records, track plant health, application dates and rates, and cycles of preventative maintenance.
- The above tasks may be varied to suit management and organisational needs.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum Diploma in horticulture, agriculture or soil science, environmental science, agricultural engineering or crop/plant science.
- Minimum one-year experience in a horticulture maintenance related role
- Verbal and written communication skills. Good Marketing and customer service skills.
- Basic plant identification and care knowledge.
- Experience in the safe operation and maintenance of assigned equipment.
- Ability to observe and diagnose structural and horticultural problems.
- Confidentiality, honesty, reliability and time management
- Good initiative, planning and organizing, attention to detail
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements and qualifications should apply in writing by sending their CV only (at this stage), stating the position applied for in the subject to email: [email protected]
Closing Date:11 November 2022