Linta Impact Solutions LTD
Position: Water Engineer
Reports to: Site Manager/CEO
General Purpose of the Role:
Responsible for the design, construction and maintenance of water systems. Works with a variety of different materials and equipment to ensure that clean water is available at all times.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Evaluating existing water supply systems and recommending improvements or alternatives where needed
- Reviewing blueprints of facilities to determine site feasibility and making recommendations for improvements
- Interpreting and applying federal, state, and local laws regarding environmental protection and water use to engineering projects
- Performing hydraulic calculations to determine how much water will be available at different times of the year based on precipitation patterns, storage capacity, and other factors
- Performing engineering duties related to the design, construction, and operation of water distribution systems, treatment facilities, and other components of a farm’s water system
- Conducting research on new technology applications in the field of water engineering
- Preparing proposals and bids for new projects and contracts with clients
Conducting feasibility studies to determine whether proposed projects have the potential to be effective
- Consulting with clients regarding the best approaches to use in addressing water concerns such as drought, pollution, flooding, and contamination
The above tasks may be varied to suit management and organisational needs.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum Diploma in civil engineering, environmental engineering or a related field.
- Minimum one-year experience in any water engineering related role.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Team-working and IT skills
- Confidentiality, honesty, reliability and time management
- Good initiative, planning and organizing, attention to detail
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Good Marketing and customer service skills.
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements and qualifications should apply in writing by sending their CV only (at this stage), stating the position applied for in the subject to email: [email protected]
Closing Date:12 November 2022