A reputable meat processing company is seeking a skilled Butcher to provide high-quality meats and services to our customers. The Butcher will perform quality inspections, use meat grinders, knives, saws, and other tools to cut meat down into smaller portions, weigh, price, and package cuts, and ensure that displays and signage are attractive and eye-catching. You will also speak to customers to determine their needs, provide advice regarding proper cuts of meat and preparation methods, and coordinate pickups or deliveries.
The successful candidate should be courteous, knowledgeable, and detail-oriented. You should have excellent communication skills and a strong understanding of meat quality, cuts, and preparation.
Key performance areas:
1. Knowledge of meat processing in the production of Sausages, Hungarians, Polonies, Gammon and processed foods including curing and smoking of meat products.
2. Achieve set daily production targets and production plan for retail meat cuts and corporate customers
3. Ensure cleaning and maintenance of all butchery tools and equipment are done regularly
4. Track/analyze operations KPIs (labour standards, yields)
5. Perform other related duties as required by the Production Manager
6. Ensure the displays and signage is accurate and attractive.
7. Ensure accurate weighing, packaging, pricing, and displaying products.
8. Keeping records, budgets, and inventory.
9. Performing quality inspections on meats and other products.
10. Negotiating and confirming orders with suppliers.
11. Adhering to food safety and sanitation controls.
12. Ensure clean working environment and maintain high levels of sanitary conditions in cold room facilities, preparation and retail shop floor areas
13. Greeting and speaking to customers, providing advice, answering questions, and accepting orders or payments.
14. Take customer order and attend to customer inquiries quickly
15. Coordinating deliveries or order pickups.
16. Possess customer relationship management skills
Education: Full grade twelve (12) certificate and or Higher tertiary certifications in other food based courses is an added advantage
- Minimum 3 years work experience in an established butchery with valid driver’s license,
- Experience in a food preparation or meat cutting experience
- Knowledge of HACCP and related food safety procedures
- Technical acumen, experience with and abilities in setting up, adjusting machinery
- Knowledge of meat preparation techniques and cuts.
- Strong communication, task management, and customer service skills.
Job Application Procedure
Send cover letter, certified copies of academic certificates and CV; including a list of names of three (3) referees and salary expectations to Manager, Human Capital, email [email protected] on/ before the 12th January 2023.