The main purpose of the job is to plan, organize, co-ordinate and manage the promotion and sales of meat products to maximize sales potential, market share, and thus the profitability of the company and to ensure speedy and efficient completion of customer orders, in accordance with customer specifications.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the successful marketing and sales of meat products and, in particular, the development of a wider customer base, new markets and market opportunities.
The Sales and Marketing Officer, in addition to opening up new markets, identifying opportunities for new products, and seeking out new customers, must also defend the company’s existing customer base. This must be achieved by working closely with the production and quality assurance team to ensure that products conform to customer specifications, and that customer orders are executed expeditiously.
Key performance areas:
- Increase in market share of livestock and processed meat products.
- Development of new markets and customer base for meat products.
- Customer satisfaction and achievement of delivery targets.
- Achieves marketing and sales operational objectives by contributing marketing and sales information and recommendations to the strategic plans, preparing and completing action plans, implementing customer-service standards
- Meets marketing and sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing annual sales and marketing budget.
- Manage outsourced functions of sales and marketing within company group.
- Determines annual and gross profit plans by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions, projected expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products, analyzing trends and results, establishing pricing strategies, recommending selling prices, monitoring costs, and competition.
- Identifies marketing opportunities by identifying customer requirements, defining market, competitors share, and competitors’ strength and weakness, forecasting projected business, establishing targeted share.
- Improves product marketability and profitability by researching, identifying and capitalizing on market opportunities, improving product packaging, coordinating new product development.
- Sustain rapport with key accounts by making periodic visits, exploring specific needs, anticipating new opportunities
Education: A bachelor’s degree in Sales and Marketing, or any Business related degree, preferably specializing in sales and marketing
Experience: Extensive knowledge of livestock sector and processed meat products and markets. Experience in marketing and selling of livestock and meat products will be an added advantage
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills coupled with organizing, negotiating and selling skills.
- Client relationships management, Sales planning and Marketing concepts
- Competitive analysis and intelligence
- Financial management, budgets and authorizes expenditure within delegated authority
Job Application Procedure
Send cover letter, certified copies of academic certificates and CV; including a list of names of three (3) referees and salary expectations to Manager, Human Capital, email [email protected] on/ before the 12th January 2023.