Website Livingstone Institute of Business and Engineering Studies
Accounts Assistant (01)
Reporting to : the Accountant
To provide administrative support to the finance unit and office of the Finance and Administration Manager. Dealing with finance related queries from staff and students, ensuring that accounts documentation is properly filed and kept up to date.
Principal Accountabilities (Main Duties)
- Attend to student queries and help them reconcile their accounts.
- Ensure that payment vouchers are properly filed and stored in a secure place.
- Match invoices to purchase orders and other accounting documents.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations on all bank accounts.
- Assist in financial audits and implementation of audit recommendation
- Work in compliance with organization accounting standard and guidelines
- Knowledge software application (SAGE Pastel 200 Evolution Accounting Package
- Attend to any other duties that maybe assigned by your supervisor.
- Must be a member ZICA
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 Certificate with 5 credits or better including Mathematics and English.
- Experience with Pastel an added advantage.
- Able to perform accounting reconciliations.
- Self-motivated and have analytical skills
- Quick learner with a positive attitude
- Able to work proactively and independently.
- Working under minimum supervision
- Good organizational management skills.
- Flexible in handling enquiries
- Possess the highest levels of personal integrity
- Analytical and problem solving skills; e)
- Reliable, Honest and Hardworking.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment
- Analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure in a fast pace environment
Email your applications letters including daytime contact number, curriculum vitae and certified copies of certificates as a single document to must be submitted and addressed to: [email protected] and [email protected]
The Principal, Livingstone Institute of Business and Engineering Studies, Box D27, Livingstone.
Closing date for receipt of applications shall be Sunday 21st January, 2024