Lubambe Copper Mine
Lubambe Copper Mine is located within the Greater Konkola Area of the Zambian Copperbelt and consists of a large – scale mining license covering an area of approximately 240 square kilometres. The mine is a modern, world class facility with fully mechanized underground operations.
Lubambe Copper Mines is owned by EMR Capital of Australia (80%) and ZCCM – Investments Holdings (20%).
The Mine is currently in a ramp up stage and will ultimately produce 45, 000 tonnes of contained copper and will employ approximately 1,500 people. The Plant infrastructure consists of a Concentrator plant, a laboratory and underground infrastructure. The Concentrator incorporates crushing, milling, flotation and filtration. The design capacity is 2.5 MTPA of ore at an average mill grade of 2.3% copper, yielding 45,000 tonnes of contained copper in concentrate to be sold to smelter in Zambia.
To support this vision, Lubambe Copper Mine seeks to employ experienced and qualified individuals in the following positions:
LOADER & TRUCK (LHD) MAINTENANCE FOREMAN (X3)
This position reports to the General Engineering Supervisor
Purpose of this position
To oversee the maintenance of allocated mobile equipment in a safe, proactive and cost-effective manner by utilising all resources for the intended purposes.
Key Performance Areas / Indicators (KPA/Is):
- Required to adhere to all policies, procedures and statutory regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as human resources and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the roles and responsibilities of the position
- Supervise implementation of routine and periodical maintenance plans according to the approved schedules.
- Lead maintenance team in work identification, job planning and scheduling in order to optimise resource utilisation with minimal disruptions to operations.
- Lead team in carrying out component failure investigations and general root cause analysis.
- Carryout all breakdown repairs and actively take part in investigating any damage related failure
- Promote a culture of quality service or repairs and continuous improvement in the teams.
- Control expenditure by utilising only absolutely required parts for maintenance through replacing only scheduled or failed parts
- Ensuring that all relevant safety, maintenance and operational data is captured on the maintenance record cards and in the Maintenance Management System
- Ensure that all required tools, equipment and maintenance support infrastructure is provided and maintained in good order.
- Attend all prescribed meeting
- Review subordinator performance and propose required training and development for them to improve.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Craft certificate or better in Heavy Equipment Repair (HER), Automotive Mechanics/Electrical or Power Electrical or any other equivalent field of engineering from a recognised Institution
- At least twelve (12) years post qualification experience in maintenance of underground mining drill rigs, loaders or dump trucks. Five of these years should be at supervisor level preferably in a busy underground mining environment and in charge of a crew of at least ten people.
- Knowledge and experience in maintenance and diagnosing of faults on any or all of the following underground mining equipment and their installed subsystems.
- Sandvik Equipment: LH410, LH514 & LH517 Loaders; TH540 Dump Trucks; DL321 & DL411 long hole drill rigs.
- Epiroc Machines: Scooptram ST14 & ST18 Loaders and Mine Trucks MT436B & MT42
- Knowledge and experience in maintenance, testing or operation of HBC Radiomatic or RCT remote control system on underground loaders is preferred
- Knowledge and experience in both electrical and mechanical engineering fields will be added advantage.
- Experience in operation/driving and testing of equipment including manual transmission Landcruisers will be added advantage.
- Experience in use of maintenance management system such as SAP, Pronto etcetera and proficiency in Microsoft (Excel, word, project etc.) is preferred
- Membership of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
- Registered with Engineering Registration Board (Eng.RB)
- Demonstrates ability to priorities tasks and understand impact of decisions
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills
- Demonstrates ability to mentor and train personnel
- Demonstrates analytical approach to fault analysis
- Demonstrates commitment to safety and quality workmanship
- Ability to supervise Workshop general services assistants
Applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae in MS word format to [email protected]. The closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday 29th May 2019. Please do not send scanned copies of your educational qualifications at this stage and clearly indicate the job applied for in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.