With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Local Value Chain Interventions & Deliverables
- Provide guidance and support to all implementing partners on their selected LVCs in their respective project sites ensuring that they are contributing to the results of the livelihoods component of the entire program.
- Support LVC assessments and validation studies to identify appropriate VCs for promotion in project sites.
Support Implementing partners to coordinate LVC actors & other stakeholders
- Bring together key stakeholders in respective LVCs interventions; input suppliers, producers, collectors, wholesalers, processors, retailers, transport providers, sellers and other actors who may influence the value chain.
- Coordinate LVCD forums with all implementing partners for sharing and learning to ensure improved programming and LVCs interventions are result oriented and contributing to the overall project goal.
Capacity Building for Implementing partners
- Ensure VC specialists from implementing partners have adequate knowledge & skills in conducting value chain analysis including assessments and validations for various ago and NRM products
- Link implementing partners to possible institutions for short term / in house VC trainings that support evergreen practices for resilient and sustainable livelihoods for communities.
Programme Effectiveness and Quality Assurance
- Ensure value Chains of focus being supported by implementing partners are closely monitored and reported with high quality control measures in place.
- Working closely with M&E Manager, to ensure the system captures Value chain data including volumes of various products, Commercial producer groups (CPGs) established
- Ensure efficient management of VC budget lines including monitoring expenditures to ensure interventions are delivered as planned.
- Support timely financial reports for all VC interventions and related expenditures are accurately captured.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Agriculture Business Management or Agriculture & Natural Resources Management or any similar Degree is required.
- Experience in agriculture-based value chains will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in agriculture value chain support or relevant field-based project management experience is required with preferably at least 3 years working on specific value chain that supports smallholder farmers to improve their livelihoods while sustaining the resources base (Land, water and forest).
- Five years of experience in managing livelihoods donor funded projects, including multi-country grants.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in activity budget tracking & management. preferably with an international NGO.
- 5 years of working experience in consortiums preferably leading a component/s of the program to support other implementing partners.
- Strong presentation and report writing skills
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Be prepared to travel to implementation sites and regional/global meetings as required
- Approximately 60% office-based and about 40% in the field.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local and International Applicants (IA’s) Accepted