Plan International Zambia
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. Child protection is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s deelopment and capacity building programmes focus primarily on Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Economic Security and Youth Empowerment, including Child Protection and Participation. Plan International Zambia has programme areas (PAs) in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including in Lusaka, where the Country Office is located
We are looking for experienced, vibrant and self-starters to fill the following positions to be based at our Eastern Program Area;
LOGISTICS ADMINISTRATON AND PROCUREMENT OFFICER (X1) – CHIPATA – 2 YEARS CONTRACT
The position’s main role is to procure goods and services, manage organizations logistics, administration, transport, company assets and the budget in order to ensure there is value for money within Plan’s procurement process. The Officer reports and works closely with the Procurement Supply Chain Manager, interacts with suppliers to negotiate for goods and services to be procured in line with the procurement plan. Gives updates and reports on the program operations and understands the resources required for the different programs & projects.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Handling all procurements for the Project within the set framework to ensure smooth flow of all the procurement activities.
- Develop the Project Purchase Plan and is responsible for coordinating the supply chain function in collaboration with the Country Office.
- Development of effective vehicle management systems that are in support of the Country operational plan and administering the Drivers in accordance with the Plan Policy
- Ensuring that asset management and supporting utilities provisions for the
Project are in accordance with the Plan policies.
- A Higher Diploma in Purchasing and Supply.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role in an INGO environment.
- Driver’s License.
- Well versed in computerized applications (SAP).
- Member of the Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply (ZIPS).
- Communicates clearly and effectively
- Ability to take charge of the accounting functions in the absence of the Accountant.
- Appreciation of child rights
- Analytical skills
- Knowledgeable in International Financial Reporting Standards
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proficient in computer skills and use of relevant accounting packages
To apply, kindly send through your application letter, copies of qualifications and CV, indicating day time telephone and/or mobile contacts clearly stating the job title of interest to [email protected]. Kindly note that only candidates who meet the above specifications and competencies should apply. Applications should reach the undersigned not later than Tuesday, 12th January, 2021, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Country Human Resource Manager
Plan International Zambia
Private Bag 518X
Plot 87A Kabulonga Road
Plan International provides equal employment opportunities to qualified and experienced women and men, Women are especially encouraged to apply.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.