Lumwana Mine, Solwezi, Zambia.
Reporting to: Logistics Supervisor
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Logistics Officer.
Reporting to the Logistics Supervisor – Marketing, you will be responsible for facilitating the safe, timely and efficient execution of the copper concentrate marketing activities on site (loading, weighing and dispatching of haulage trucks) on a shift basis by providing logistical support to the operations staff in order to achieve concentrate delivery schedules and also do some accounting roles to facilitate accountability of the concentrate delivered. Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare and distribute accurate sample lists, delivery note generation and verification.
- Scheduling of convoys and distribution of convoy lists
- Liaise with shift Metallurgist on timing of truck batch assay results and ensure quality of copper concentrate in the haulage trucks are within acceptable limits prior to dispatch.
- Capture Daily Loading Schedule data on Copper Concentrate Logistics System (CCLS).
- Generate and distribute pre-alerts to respective internal and external customers on expected daily deliveries.
- Timely completion and distribution of the daily shift reports, highlighting any anomalies or problems encountered during the shift for possible action.
- Accurate and timely filing of the LMC delivery notes with accompanying weighbridge certificates in chronological order for ease of audit
- Carry out delivery reconciliation of the weights , moistures and assays results for the payable metals ( Copper ,Gold and Silver) using the Lab reports and also reports from the smelters and update relevant month to date reports while doing weekly reconciliations with the process Mets.
- Capture all related delivery and pricing data for the creation of the invoice master files for concentrate invoicing.
- Check and verify contractor invoices before authorization and capture for payment.
- Any other administration jobs as assigned by the logistics Supervisor and the Contracts Accountant
- Minimum Diploma in Commercial or similar qualification with technical inclination.
- Two (2) years operational/ logistics experience preferably on a mine or major industrial site
- Exposure to logistics operations with local and international bulk transport and shipping activities and related documentation will be advantageous.
- Good commercial knowledge.
- Valid Zambian Driver’s license.
- Knowledge in Microsoft excel, word, power point a must.
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.