LOLC Finance Zambia Limited
LOLC Finance Zambia Limited is a subsidiary of LOLC Holdings Plc which is the largest diversified and most profitable Group in Sri Lanka and is listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange. The Group has a presence in over 20 countries worldwide including Cambodia, Myanmar, Indonesia, Philippines, Tajikistan, Pakistan, Zambia, Nigeria, Kenya, Tanzania, Malawi, DR Congo, Rwanda, Zimbabwe, Ghana and Egypt. The LOLC Group also has representative offices in Dubai, Singapore and Mauritius.
To support the Group vision, LOLC Finance Zambia Limited which is a registered deposit taking Non – Bank Financial Institution is recruiting a qualified and experienced individual for the following position:
1. HEAD OF CREDIT x 1 – LOCATION: LUSAKA
Overall Objective: The overall objective of this role is to oversee overall credit function, ownership over credit policy, communication of same to staff, providing leadership and direction in building a sound credit culture.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE;
- Ensure all credit requests are properly appraised with adherence to lending guidelines, and giving due consideration to associated risks and mitigants
- Ensure all lending procedures comply with regulations
- Responsible for the review and approval of credit proposals of LOLC and to maintain a good balance between returns and risks exposure
- Leads a team of credit approvers to ensure high standard credit quality of the portfolio by using various credit assessment tools.
- Engages in the development, implementation, review and monitoring of various credit programs and providing training and coaching to continuously upgrade the competency of the team members
- Review and develop LOLC credit approval policies and guidelines as well as participate in other ad hoc projects
- Develop and enhance the Credit Reporting & Monitoring framework which meets the requirements of various external & internal stakeholders.
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of Credit reports to Bank of Zambia and Board papers.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Certified Grade 12 certificate with a minimum of Credits in English and Mathematics
- A University Degree preferably in Finance, Credit, Banking or a related discipline, preferably with other professional qualifications
- Proven work experience as Head of Credit or similar role with a minimum of 5 years in credit risk management in Financial Sector
- Background in a NBFI/Microfinance Institution will be an added advantage
- Hands-on experience with lending software
- Solid understanding of credit analysis and policies
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to create and process financial spreadsheets (e.g., in Excel)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their applications electronically via email to [email protected] consisting of a letter, CV and copies of relevant certificates as a single document (PDF or word) in the following format;
Job title_Name. e.g. Head of Credit_Aaron_Banda
Closing date for applications is 30th January 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org