LUAPULA WATER SUPPLY & SANITATION COMPANY LIMITED
Report to: MANAGING DIRECTOR
Luapula Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited is a commercial utility which was established to provide water and sanitation services in five out of twelve districts in Luapula Province, namely Mansa, Samfya, Mwense, Kawambwa and Nchelenge. In pursuant of this mission, the Company is seeking the services of a suitably qualified and experienced candidate to fill the vacancy of SENIOR MANAGER FINANCE
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- To formulate and implement Company policies and strategies on all aspects of the financial management of the Company. Ensures that adequate financial information, internal financial controls, risk mitigation measures and business growth strategies are established and maintained; and that all reporting requirements to the Board, Managing Director and Senior Management are satisfied.
- Prepares a comprehensive and consolidated budget of estimates for the Company in order to facilitate mobilization of financial resources.
- Prepare annual financial statements for approval by Managing Director. Seek approval of external auditors before presenting statements to Board for final approval.
- Takes custody of the Company’s finances and authorize all forms of payments and disbursements while maintaining sound cash flow position.
- Undertake reviews of accounting systems and controls in order to ensure compliance with financial standards in a timely and effective manner
- Prepare strategic plans for the department derived from the overall strategic plans of the Company, outlining what needs to be done annually so as to monitor the performance of the Company.
- Develop, and implement, financial plans, policies, systems and accounting procedures as approved by Board in order to ensure effective and efficient utilization and control of the Company’s funds.
Skills and Qualifications required
- Full grade 12 certificate
- Degree in Finance ACCA /ZICA /CIMA or other related fields
- Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
- Ten years working experience, 5 of which should be at senior management level
- Experience in the water sector will be an added advantage
- Full ZICA membership
- Computer literate, knowledge of the Sage Evolution accounting package and Billing applications is desirable
- Good interpersonal, negotiation and presentation skills
The Statutory Manager
Luapula Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited
P.O Box 710594
Email : [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com