Lubambe Copper Mine Limited
Lubambe Copper Mine is located within the Greater Konkola Area of the Zambian Copperbelt and consists of a large–scale mining license covering an area of approximately 228 square kilometres.
Completed and commissioned in 2012, Lubambe is an underground operation supported by a shaft and decline access with a 2.5 million tonne per annum capacity ore concentrator. The mine’s current depth is 450 meters producing a high-grade copper concentrate which is then treated at Zambian smelters.
The mine currently employs 1,000 direct employees and a further 1,700 contractors. It places the highest priority on safety with a world-class safety system.
Supporting local communities and suppliers is a key business focus of the mine.
EMR Capital owns an 80% controlling interest in Lubambe while ZCCM-IH owns 20%.
The Mine seeks to employ an experienced and qualified individual in the following position:
PRODUCTION ENGINEER (x2)
This position reports to the Senior Production Engineer.
Core Purpose of the Position
To monitor and manage mine planning requirements of short to medium-term mine plans and designs within a set of parameters as directed by the Senior Production Engineer. Mine designs and plans must be developed in accordance with the operational constraints and business objectives. Their aim must be to balance the continuity of production and maximise resource recovery while meeting the economic need of the business.
Key Performance Areas/Indicators (KPA/Is):
- Prepare safe and economic production drill and blast designs, including but not limited to pilot/probe holes, airleg slots, long hole slots, rings, return air rises, infrastructure rise, escape way rise, service holes and drain holes.
- Complete design audits, by conducting regulatory underground visits to inspect how the designs are being implemented.
- Complete accurate stope reconciliations for each stope, highlighting any potential production improvements.
- Ensure that all production documentation is saved in the appropriate location on the server and that all file names are in accordance with the approved naming convention.
- Ensure that production data is accurately recorded and that all tracking spreadsheets/databases are kept up to date at all times.
- Ensure that production aspects of the weekly schedule are consistent with approved designs and actual progress underground.
- Assess drill, preparation, and charge plan returns for any issues or deviations from the plan.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Mining Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 3 years in underground mine planning in any of the following areas; long hole drill and blast design, development design, production scheduling, ventilation, and geotechnical engineering.
- Proficient use and application of MS Office suite, and relevant mining software.
- Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia.
Applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae in MS word format to [email protected] Please indicate the job title of the role you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail. The closing date for receipt of applications is Monday 5th September, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.